NECRONOMICON: 'Rise Of The Elder Ones' Video Released

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
"Rise Of The Elder Ones", the video for the title track of the new album from the Canadian extreme blackened death metal horde NECRONOMICON, can be seen below. The CD was released on June 10, 2013 (three days earlier in Europe) via Season Of Mist. "Rise Of The Elder Ones" track listing: 01. Resurrected 02. The End Of Times 03. The Living God (Pharaoh Of Gods Part II) 04. The Nuclear Chaos 05. From Beyond 06. Rise Of The Elder Ones 07. The Valley Of The Lost Souls 08. Celestial Being 09. Dark Corners Of The Earth 10. The Fallen In a recent interview with Ghost Cult Magazine, NECRONOMICON guitarist/vocalist Rob "The Witch" Tremblay was asked if "Rise Of The Elder Ones" was a progression from the previous album. "It's not really a progression, but more the conclusion," he replied. "Where 'The Return Of The Witch' was the call, this one is the answer. 'Return' was built around the concept of femininity — or creation, if you prefer — the realization of the power in your own body and the opening of that power to create yourself first, and then to create changes all around afterwards; to influence and change your own destiny and beyond. 'Rise' is the awakening of that power, like a rebirth to see the world in a different way, and see what was hidden to the mortal eyes. Things start to happen on a different level, and not really on the rational side or the way everyone would have expected." Regarding the songwriting process for"Rise Of The Elder Ones", Tremblay said: "The process is simple: I build the songs on my computer at home, like the guitar, bass and drum tracks plus a basic version of the orchestration, and then I give it to the rest of the guys and they work on it and add their touch. There was no real aim besides doing the continuation of 'Return', but better produced this time. Just doing what we're here to do; dark music for the ones who dare to be something other than a follower of the false system and god. Don't get me wrong, our music is really positive and I don't have time to waste on bashing the church and so on, because a lot of people already do it really well. We love to play live and tour and just go around seeing that people love our stuff. We don't do it for the critics, only for the fans. So we could say that's what we are aiming for."
necronomiconrisecd_600.jpg

More...