Need comments about this mix

mephisto_loh

Green Tea Member
Dec 9, 2009
www.myspace.com
Hi there, i've been looking at this forum for a month and i find it amazing. For that reason i would like to share this and have some feedback.
My band and i finished a new song. On my free time i have been working on it and this is the result. Please feel free to suggest changes in order to improve my mixes.
We've recorded the drums and the replace the snare and the Kick drum for a combination of the Erkan and kaoma's samples. Perhaps the toms and the overheads are the original ones.
On the guitars and Bass I've used the PODxt.
I mixed it on Sonar and the Interface for the Guitars, bass and drums recording is a MOTU 896mk3.

Hope you like it guys and any comments about the mix and the music structure are well received.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3789129/DMOT-Screaming from hell.mp3

Thanks!

Being Telecomm Engieneer at a Radiofrequency planning and optimization department of a cellular carrier during office hours and trying to develop your mixing and musician skills on your free time is tough. But if you don't expose your work to critics you'll never grow up. So, anymore comments?
BTW thanks for taking the time to reply.

I think it sounds promising man, keep working on it!

I'd try and add some more character to the kick as well, but that's just me.

The riff coming after the mid-song volume swell is my favourite part.

yes you are right ! the kick stills sound very artificial to me. I'll have to try something else. thanks man! we are working on a new song i hope by the end of this month i can have a sample of it.

kick sounds like a machine gun, what are you using to replace?

get all of it in time to a click and it would sound a bazillion times better

u dont need a better replacement plugin, you just need better samples. or more samples than just one sample for the kick, this is why it sounds mashinegunnish

The riff coming after the mid-song volume swell is my favourite part.

I like that too. It's very funny how we've got to that riff. The drummer told me "I would like that very sticky 80's sound in the chours, so people can headbang and remember the song" and on that rehearsal I started with the chord idea and a riff but he told me... that shit sounds like "Orion" the Metallica's song... sounds great but don't. I felt a little bad but i kept the chord progression. Then one day after work i just sat down and start do playing some stuff till the riff magically appeared LoL. And with that comment i think we've nailed! heheh
thanks man!

u dont need a better replacement plugin, you just need better samples. or more samples than just one sample for the kick, this is why it sounds mashinegunnish

I'm going to try some others, the thing is that i haven't found yet one good pack with that clicky sound. maybe is time to start recording my own samples.
thanks