Need help deciding on a new guitar: Carvin, Caparison, or Bernie Rico Jr.???

Which brand?

• Carvin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caparison

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Bernie Rico Jr.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Origin Guitars

• Mayones

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • RAN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KxK

• Other

• Total voters

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
So, I have some cash set aside for a new axe and am trying to decide between a Carvin CT624M, Caparison Dellinger I Pro Black, Bernie Rico Jr. Bolt-on Retro.

I love Carvin guitars, but I've only played the DC models, and not sure how the CT6 necks feel. Anyone out there have experience with any of these makers and how they stack up against each other quality wise? I love Ibanez wizard I and II necks, so something comparable with low action is wanted.

Or are there any other suggestions out there that you'd recommend?

Here are the ones I'm considering for each of the above mentioned:

Carvin CT624M Neil Zaza specs:

j8CsuKrMW7yNaTkGl.jpg

Caparison Dellinger I Pro Black:

07091013420129.jpg

Bernie Rico Jr. Retro Bolt:

35_109_photo_02.jpg

Other boutique luthier's i'm considering are:
Mayones (Setius GTM 6), RAN, KxK, and Origin Guitars...

Origin guitars (www.originguitars.com)
85a4e2eaf4f7e71f55437e9ee24147a7_2cz9.jpg

72d1f9b219a082fb54958c4c92779d24_5r64.jpg

What are some of your opinions? Anyone get a chance to play any of these models at NAMM?

Any other recommendations?

Cheers!

I would go caparison or mayones.

Carvin...I had a dc400c and didn't like the neck at all, 25" scale, really narrow, altough it could get really low action. Also had a tubby sound I couldn't get out.
Really well made but was more of a "classic" vibe when it comes to the neck, really similar to my prs ce's wide thin neck.

Out of the 3 you listed, I voted for the BRJ, because I've loved all the ones I've played, and I have a custom one coming sometime next week (hopefully :yell: ). I haven't played that model though, so I'm not sure on it.

The Carvin is a close second for me. The CT6s are awesome guitars, but the resale value on Carvin is pretty horrible. The CT6s seem to still sell at higher prices, but they're not super popular and usually stay up for sale for a very long time. If there's a possibility you might ever sell the guitar, I wouldn't go with Carvin, unless you get it used.

Caparisons are cool. I had a Horus, but the neck was just too fat for my liking. I think the Dellinger has a smaller profile? For that much cash, I'd rather have an Ibanez J-Custom, though.

Might want to consider Stinnett if you're going custom. His prices are super reasonable for full custom guitars, and I've yet to hear a bad word about them.

Before you decide, I'd highly recommend checking out https://www.facebook.com/auraguitars

His prices are really good. Im getting my custom 7 done by him :)

Wow, his guitars look great.

His website's "price" page doesn't show the table it refers to, though?

Curious to see how much they cost. The one on his home page looks like a Blackmachine.