Need Help Mixing/Mastering

pantera#2

New Metal Member
Jul 18, 2013
Hey guys, i'm new to this forum, read alot of stuff here, helped me out quiet a few times ;)

So my Band and me are recording some stuff for a Selfmade "Demo", made a few Mixes and tried some different Things..

Here's a Link: https://soundcloud.com/bengalezee/test

That's where we stand now. What could be done better or different? Hope to get some help from you guys ;)

I'm recording quit a time now, but never bothered with mixing etc..
Tried only to get some Riff ideas etc..

Thanks and hope to hear from you guys,

Cheers

In any sittuation anytime, everything can be better. I can't tell you how to mix in a thread, nor can anyone else for that matter~ But what I can help you with is to give you this tip, make a 'to improve list' put whatever you can think off in it by comparing to comercial releases. Yeah it will hurt at first, you'll get used to it ;) spend time everyday reaseaching information and ways to improve your skills in those particular areas one at a time. When you ask anyone a question, always focus at one thing at time, that way you can get more out of it than taking a limited response for everything, take a limited response for something. I hope this will help you, unless you wana slack off with this thats fine, no hurt in that. Mixing is a long road so be prepeard to throw some years in it if you want to go for this seriously :)

Hey, thanks alot for your answer, really appreciate that.
Makes sense to me :)
Your absoulutely right, gonna do that. What is hard for me, is to hear if something sounds bad or does sound anoying, and also if the Mix sounds good..
Maybe because its all new to me, but i belive the best way is to compare it to a professional Mix and check whats to be done different.

Sorry for my Bad english :)