Need help: opeth logo

your_fate

Nov 19, 2002
Visit site
Please guys, i need your help...
dont anyone of you know, how many logos opeth have had??
2 or 3?? and when did they use current logo for the first time, on which album??

If some of you know, please...reply...
there is a competiton, i could win the tickets to ostrava (CZ)

Thanks! :headbang:

naaah, that's not correct. the very 1st logo was used maybe on the rehearsal tape, but i don't know really.

the second logo i think it figured out somewhere on the artwork of orchid [i haven't got the original version of the album], and then on a sticker on the very 1st edition of mayh

then from still life they used the actual logo

opethpainter said:
naaah, that's not correct. the very 1st logo was used maybe on the rehearsal tape, but i don't know really.

the second logo i think it figured out somewhere on the artwork of orchid [i haven't got the original version of the album], and then on a sticker on the very 1st edition of mayh

then from still life they used the actual logo

Opeth's own website outlined three logos.

the first logo doesn't appear on any LPs, perhaps on demo-tapes as opethpainter states, thats really hard to say if you dont got the original tapes - however, there are a rare couple of t-shirts with that logo on it (Peter played wearing it a while back).

Second logo appears *in* the booklet of the original release of Orchid, but not on the cover.

Third and current logo was used as a band logo on morningrise, but wasnt used on the cover until Still Life...

So it's all a question of definition

DemonoftheFall-
"You lazyass villainous worm! Do some fucking research! Jesus man! They even give the history behind the fucking logos on their official website. Stop posting such blasphemous, mindless, and incongruous crap if the answer is but a mouse-click away."

Who pissed on your cornflakes? :dopey:

Just a click away. Hm. Well, for the sake of argument, WHAT IF this your_fate person didn't know that? Thanks to your judgmental and rude, yet highly informative post, now they do. Everyone thank Demon for solving the mystery.

"Thanks Demon!" :p