Need Help Promoting 6-12 show in Chicago Heights?!?!

Metal for life

New Metal Member
Sep 9, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Hey all, names Carl and I'm a serious headbanger + IE fan. Saw u guys in Chicago opening for Amorphis over the winter...talked with Rob ( before show ), Stu + bass player - apologise for not remembering bass players name.

I live in Plainfield, IL about 35 minutes from the Tweeter Center + Mr Kelleys ( IE's June 12th show ).
I mention Tweeter because I'm seeing Priest/Ryche there June 3rd and would love to help IE promote their show on the 12th.

Let me know if I can help. Will not do anything without webmaster/bands approval.

Wish u guys were on Gigantour! Can't wait for the 12th.

Stay metal
Carl mtlman64@aol.com

hey Carl

we don't have a streetteam or anything and i don't have any flyer material, but feel free to promote as much as you want :D
As long as people promote bands with real facts and without too much spamming, I doubt you'd need anyones approval, the bands should be thanking you on their knees :worship: :lol:

Hey, do you know a website for Mr. Kelley's??? I've spend many hours to find all the links to all the venues in the tourpage, but I just couldn't find one for Mr. Kelley's. I found out it used to be the Oasis 160, but their website is non existing either (only an "index" at the old URL)

Yes, it used to be Oasis 160...haven't been there, but a friend has seen 2 shows there and said it's a nice venue. Don't know what the story is behind the change - it was closed for a while - something unseemly perhaps.

NO website for Mr Kelleys that I'm aware of.

Address is 150 West Joe Orr Road; Chicago Heights, IL. Tried calling a phone # I found but there was no answer or message. (708) 771-9755.

Since u said it's OK I'm thinking about handing out some flyers at the Priest/Ryche show.

Carl

Metal for life said:
Yes, it used to be Oasis 160...haven't been there, but a friend has seen 2 shows there and said it's a nice venue. Don't know what the story is behind the change - it was closed for a while - something unseemly perhaps.

NO website for Mr Kelleys that I'm aware of.

Address is 150 West Joe Orr Road; Chicago Heights, IL. Tried calling a phone # I found but there was no answer or message. (708) 771-9755.

Since u said it's OK I'm thinking about handing out some flyers at the Priest/Ryche show.

Carl

Uh oh...... is Lansing far from Chicago Heights? :oops:
Cause Alina (Squeak) found out yesterday (from the venue owner) that Mr. Kelley's opening has been pushed back to July 8 and the 6/12 gig will be moved to JJ Kelley's in Lansing! The stidky info thread will be updated by her soon.

I didn't find a website for JJ Kelley's either :(

Thanks for the updated info.

JJ Kelley's in Lansing, IL is not far from Chicago Heights at all...about 10 or 15 minutes. Address: 2455 Bernice Rd. Lansing, IL 60438; PH. 708-474-9977.

Never been to the venue, but believe it falls into the 'club' category...has several metal shows each month - some national acts.

Prog Maiden - I'd say u have a few days to get a fake ID or find someone who looks like u and is 21+...don't miss this show.

Metal for Life

GOOD NEWS!!!!! (well, maybe) I talked to the lady at the club since the owner (whom I know) isn't there at the moment. She said that most shows are 21 and over, although the Otep show was 18 and over. When she talks to the owner, I asked her to please ask him to have it 18 and over as there are a bunch of fans that aren't 21 yet that want to see the show. She will do so and call me back later. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!! :D

Very cool, thanks Squeak! Keep us posted. :) Tim and Rob said they'd help me out if it they don't change the age limit. I WILL find a way to this show one way or another!

Thanks for the info Squeak + others.

Sure hope CHI-town comes out in force for the boys.

There will be a review coming from this metalhead...guaranteed. After recovery time of course.

I have glasses + will be wearing a Nevermore shirt...if u see me say HEY.

Carl

i saw you mr. nevermore man. heh. i slapped your hand during into eternity's set. killer set. i enjoyed it very much.