Need help with muddy guitars

Jason220

New Metal Member
Oct 28, 2020

When the heavy guitars come in, there is a fast palm muted part in the riff, but it seems to disappear in the mix, how can I fix that? If you need any info, please let me know.

I would isolate the guitar track and run it through a plugin like fabfilter pro 3 and look what mhz the sound is that you want to hear more of.
Once you have pin pointed what mhz gives the sound you want to hear pop out in your mix run the fab filter through the bass and drum track and push the same mhz levels down very slightly and in intervals till your happy with new sound. 190-220mhz and 400-450 are muddy places in my previous work may be different for you but that where I tend to look first.
I only say fabfilter over other EQ's because you can make a tight Q and then Isolate the sound at that specific mhz otherwise any Eq is good.

Good tip Ill check out Fabfilter i usally have eq problems as the Q is to wide in my DAW, using ableton live from 2007 so maybe its time to upgrade but Ill wait as l0ng as possible, i never usally upgrade unless i have to :)