Need inputs of my Intro and tone

thaz16

New Metal Member
May 31, 2013
Hey Everyone,

I'm new on this site but I've learned a lot on here and I would like to get some feedback on what could possibly be my band Live intro for one of our new song

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/joel16-1/test-mix-critics

[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Can here a lot of influences from Born of Osiris :) Personally i would avoid the constant 1/8 chugging guitar in the background on the breakdown. Would sound a lot better i think if u removed it.

Oh man.

First off, I definitely agree about the constant chugging throughout the breakdown. If you're THAT set on keeping it in there, maybe change it to an open and slowly bend the note up and then back down.

Secondly, it sounds like the actual rhythm in the breakdown is quite off...is it on time for the key signature/tempo? Because honestly it sounds like you just randomly slipped kicks into random parts to make a breakdown.

Thirdly, the drum fills show that you're not exactly a drummer... They don't sound very realistic if even playable.

Also, the reverse cymbal/cymbal hit in the very beginning sounds out of place. Either take it out or drown it in reverb.

Other than that, I like the tone!

Thanks for your input

Yea The drum was quite off on this . I fixed it now.

About the chugging part. I actually tried to remove it but I feel like the mix sounds empty.

I will upload a revised mix tonight when I get home