Need some advice on this deathcore mix

tsunamistar

New Metal Member
Aug 22, 2012
This is is my first time ever producing metal and I'm no professional.

But I need some advice on this mix to make it sound a lot more cleaner, wider, and just more pleasing to the ear.

I have problems with the toms sounding too papery i Guess..
and guitars dont feel strong enough.. I unno I'm looking for it to sound something liek Oceano.

The drums are all sampled except cymbals, and yeah.. I could really use the help as this is for an EP!

The song is called

Surrogate Realms
By :Unfathomed

Here's the mp3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kw9dajkuycxrwxr/Surrogate%20Realms2.mp3

Looking forward to your advice guys thank you!

lots of mud and wierd bass resonances going on. you should buy "The Systematic Mixing guide" by emrz. it will help you a shitload to fix that muddy bass. i would slice out those bass notes that resonate and take chunk out of 500. and the guitars sound boomy. compress 60-200 on the guitars and maybe a cut around 600-800ish. i guess just start cutting out all the crappy shit thats going on in there. it will open everything up.

Yeah or whatever multi Band comp you have. There's a preset that Andy made for the c4 that works as a good starting point. What are you using for guitars? I know sturgis has posted his podfarm settings for that record. And I think he is using kick 10 and snare 12. If you post the raws I could give it a shot?