Need some blind buys from The End records

rms

Dec 14, 2006
Buffalo, New York
I'm going to grab a Titan Force cd there, but I don't want just 1 cd...figured i'd grab a few more, maybe 3-4 cd's total and give it a whirl. Anyone got some solid rec's from The End Records website ONLY? I'm down for any OSDM/Viking/Folk/Black/USPM/Thrash/Willing to try more Trad Doom....basically anything! just need some new bands to check out

I don't know what you;ve already heard, but the following are all worth a look:

Nadja - Skin Turns To Glass
Ulver - Shadows of the Sun
Giant Squid - Metridium Fields
Any Epoch of Unlight release
Frantic Bleep - The Sense Apparatus

Warning! The Nadja, Ulver and Giant Squid releass are not metal, but do have distinct metal influences.

thanks for contributing but myspaced them all(cept the Drone band, totally hate that shit :lol:) and didn't care for it :(

keep it comin'!

Virgin Black

The only two albums I own are Sombre Romantic and Elegant... and Dying, but they're both great records. They play a kind of gothic/doom, symphonic influenced metal. They're really interesting, if you're into that kind of thing.

They also have a trilogy called the Reqiuem trilogy:
Pianissimo (completely classical record, with choir vocals)
Mezzo Forte (similar to Sombre Romantic and Elegant... and Dying)
Fortissimo (a heavier sound; more death/black metal influenced)

I second Virgin Black.

Novembers Doom (various albums, plus the first two albums have been remastered and have bonus tracks, and are available for pre-order)
Woods of Ypres

Sarcofago - I.N.R.I.
Fates Warning - Awaken The Guardian
Sabbat (UK) - Dreamweaver

Judging by your last.fm you should like these bands, but probably haven't heard them yet. These CD's are all in stock.

Got that forefather, thanks though, that Empryium band weirdly enough looked at them before you rec'd sounded cool but wasn't moved by the myspace tracks...will check out Helheim