Need some samples...wind/thunder/wolves/crows

Executioner213

Ultimate Meatbag
Sep 2, 2001
Spokane, WA
www.facebook.com
I did a project with a Native American metal band, and for one song they wanted an intro with wind, thunder, wolf howls and crow calls. The song "Under The Moons Fog" on Vital Remains disc "Into The Cold Darkness" has an intro similar to what they want, but with the addition of crow calls.

Anyone got any samples on hand they'd be willing to contribute. I'm fine if its individual things rather than one sample with everything.

Soundsnap was my best friend for my Audio II final project (creating movie sound effects). Also, google is your pal when it comes to looking for specific fx. You can get thunder/wind sounds out of Reason (maelstrom) and Hyper Canvas and such, but id prob stick with the downloadable ones. Happy hunting.

Wolves, very basic and quality is meh, but its a start. Finding just the right sample is so irritating, because sometimes it doesn't seem to exist.

Mabey wander around the forests with a portable recorder and try your luck :D

Find a good movie like Wolfen, came out in 82' I think, great howling wolves. Just sample from it. Or go to Animal Planet.com and look up some archived shows, might have something there.

i know it sounds very stupid and such but i had some interesting wolf type sounds while messing with the violin in EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Silver Edition a few months back... Basically, i set very resonant filter and an oscillator on the filter with a low frequency and just played a key... it was quite realistic...
i know i sound stupid but its true...

I've got quite a bit of samples like this... I'm pretty sure I have wolves, crows, eagles, wind, thunder... etc.

I recorded a song for some friends of mine which was just a spoof on a strange greeting they all use... "HEY THERE GUY"... We all got hammered, and started chanting it around a fire in my back yard..

Hey There Guy

I can make a note to myself to round up all the samples I have when I get home tonight, and FTP them up for you.