Need your help with school project!

Dagon666

The Ayatollah of Rock
Nov 18, 2010
Uppsala, Sweden
Hey guys!

I'm reading psychology in school, and as a project I've chosen to study metalheads as a social group. What keeps the group together, what formed it, where it began etc etc. Now, the problem is I had to come up with a question that has to be answered and presented as a result at the end of the project. This is where you come in. You will be part of a study. I want to know what metal fans think of the genre/cultures future.

My question is: Will the metal culture always exist as an alternative to other social groups, or is it just a long lived trend that will die out eventually?

I already know the answer to this question, and so does pretty much everyone here I'm sure, but I have to ask you this guys :)

Just write down a little something about what you think of heavy metal as a culture and most imporantly, if you think it will survive in the future.

I'd really apreciate some feedback from you guys!

Thanks in advance/ Dagon

well, metal has been around since the very early 70's and, in a way, is still going strong today (despite the string of pseudo "tough guy" metal bands that seem to tarnish the genre a little bid). so, to answer your question, i think yes, it will continue to exist as an alternative to other social groups just because it still has so much power & energy to it and it still possesses that "fuck-you" feeling to the face of what is considered "normal" in society, and IMO, it inspires newcomers to do the same and deviate from the norm.

that's just what i think though

When metal dies out, the sun will die the lightbringer will roast the hall of the slain, casting eternal damnation for all those who hath a vagina.

Metal is still going strong, anyone who thinks otherwise needs to watching something other than MTV.