need your help wussing out through jazz

kleo706

Dec 21, 2001
I am lost on this jazz stuff 'cause like it's not using blast beats and glorifying violence against women. But I've really been enjoying
Miles Davis Quintet - workin'
Charles Mingus - Ah Um
Charlie Parker - Diz N Bird Live at Carnagie Hall
so if you have any pointers or whatever.... would be much appreciated.

xoxoxo
-k-

I don't know anything about true jazz, but I highly recommend Ephel Duath's new album (The Painter's Palette). It's like really jazzy avant-garde metal of some sort... I haven't heard their older stuff, but they supposedly used to be black metal... so there should be enough heaviness and screaming and what-not to satisfy you. :D

Not what you were asking for, but... *shrug*

I'm about 90% sure it hasn't been released yet, though, so you must pirate it....
redface.gif

Bill Evans Trio with Stan Getz.

evanscover.gif

i actually own this album. i especially love "grandfather's waltz" on it (track #1).

getz is one my favorite saxophonists (his solos are all highly poetic), and i like evan's piano romanticism. so they're a good combo.

i think i said this before, but i really like art tatum because he's super funny, also, lester young, earl hines, ella fitzgerald has a beautiful voice.

I'm about 90% sure it hasn't been released yet, though, so you must pirate it....

I'm 100% sure you're wrong. Unless of course Massachusetts seceded from the Union or the copy Earache mailed me 2-3+ weeks ago is really Napalm Death.

xoxoxo
-k-

kleo706 said:
I'm 100% sure you're wrong. Unless of course Massachusetts seceded from the Union or the copy Earache mailed me 2-3+ weeks ago is really Napalm Death.

xoxoxo
-k-

Heh, yeah, I just recently heard about a friend ordering it. :p

Well, it wasn't out yet when I got it. Feel free to point and laugh... :D