Neoclassical Power Metal Mix, kinda hate it

pitoga

Nov 30, 2009
Lima - Peru
Greetings. I'm currently mixing this band, and am kinda "ready" ready with the mix, but i kinda hate the outcome. It's way to harsh, to much kick drum everything fighting each other. I had a previous mix wich i pretty much liked and thought sounded great. But as you know the client is "mostly" right. And had to make some mayor changes. They are happy with the current mix, Me not really.

well here it is:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36168310/Nautiluz/Album/Punch Sponsor voice over.mp3

there is still some automation missing mostly on the vocals.

Well what should i do?just close my eyes and get over it and learn to love it because of the band wanting it so?

Thanks

I think it sounds great. Perfect mix for the genre. I think you should respect the bands wishes and leave it be (at least if you want them to use your services again). Although i would be interested to hear the version you like better.

mix sounds great! a wide q 1 db 4-5khz drop on the rythm gee-tars, and drop the kick a tiny bit. everything else sounds nice and full. just needs proper mastering with tons of high freq boosts.

It's funny how everybody says that because it is power metal it has to be really "bombastic". Well yeah i'm leaving it this way. I actually did lower the kick drum a bit. The band was pretty specific about the kick drum being "very important" well. Thanks for the input. I'm usually very harsh with my own work. And its really hard for me to appreciate a good work.