NEQD, looking for info

~BURNY~

Apr 20, 2005
I was wondering if anyone had info about this EQ. My bro bought it in a pawn shop because he thought it looked cool. He paid like 75€ IIRC.

I didn't think much of it but he handed me it to try. I Initially thought it was a cheapo but the sound tells another story, to my ears

at least...

I couldn't find any info about it on the net. There's a mastering facility in Belgium with the same name as the brand. I contacted them and

they aren't related but the (very cool) guy told me he had a friend who bought a "fairly expensive" Angtröm electronics EQ a while back.

He couldn't tell me much more...

563151DSCF0911.jpg

I tried to replicate the same settings with various plugins but didn't succeed. This mofo sounds really good and yet very clean.

I think I'm gonna need a patchbay soon.:loco:

Nothing to do with your post, but I use the MPA Gold too. Have you tried any other tubes in it, or are you using stock? Very underated pre for the money in my opinion.

Yes, I put a pair of JJ 12at7 in it and never looked back. The stock tubes were awful.

I don't use it as much as the GAP73 dlx lately but I like it on vocals when I need some mild saturation.