Neumann KU100, wtf?

Have you guys ever heard a binural recording with some really good headphones? The depth perception is amazing. You can picture how far the sound is coming from and if its lower or higher than where the mics were placed. Really cool.

Yeah those mics are cool as hell. I got told you can come close to the same thing (only cheaper) using a maniquin and omni mics. Never tried one though.

Speaking of wierd cool looking mics that a purpose specific have any one of you seen/heard one of these?:

http://www.holophone.com/products.html

Guy came to my college toteing the sweetest surround demonstration studio I have seen. He had one and it was fucking unreal. I guess they get used at the superbowl etc...

Ive always heard this mic called fritz. where does that come from....is it in the manual or something? Once recorded mahler's symphony no 2 in 5.1 and flew fritz in the audience to get the rears. I really looked weird and got comments from the audience but it was pretty cool and sounded cool

I have not had a haircut in about fourteen years, so that virtual barbershop was trippy and nostalgic. I never did like the plastic bag part. I worked as a stagehand for Aerosmith on the "Just Push Play " tour and they would set up one of those Neumanns
in the sound booth to record the show every night.