Never heard any crust

EternalEnemy

New Metal Member
Aug 2, 2004
Yeah, ive never heard any crust and i only know its got something to do with punk or something. I would like you to list a few known/pioneering bands here so i can get an idea of it.

And yeah, this is my second or third "i dont know what the fuck it is, recommend me some" -thread.

Amebix, Antisect, Axegrinder, Hellbastard, Misery, Nausea are pretty much the founders of crust. I believe Misery are still around. Other good modern bands include Hellshock, Effigy, Stormcrow, Filth of Mankind, and a bunch more that for some reason I can't think of right now.

I can't recommend shit when it comes to grind core or crust as I don't care much for it. I like music that has some melody and change of pace and maybe even something other then argh as the only vocal line. I just saw Pig Destroyer this weekend and didn't like their single guitar no bass attack too much. That type of music blends together and bores me after about 10 minutes of super fast shit.

thespectralsorrows said:
I can't recommend shit when it comes to grind core or crust as I don't care much for it. I like music that has some melody and change of pace and maybe even something other then argh as the only vocal line. I just saw Pig Destroyer this weekend and didn't like their single guitar no bass attack too much. That type of music blends together and bores me after about 10 minutes of super fast shit.
Your point?

Mindrot mix crust with a sort of doomy feel, and the results are quite excellent.

As for recent crust, there's Skitsystem, which features Tomas Lindberg on vocals.

no problem rubberducky, just trying to help this poor lad out so he doesn't waste his money on some crap he probably won't like.

BTW, J. Mindrot were excellent during their time and gave us a couple quality CD's though I never related them to crust.

no problem rubberducky, just trying to help this poor lad out so he doesn't waste his money on some crap he probably won't like.

Dont worry, im not gonna BUY anything. Goddamnit, i dont even know what crust sounds. I would never buy something i dont know what it sounds like.

EternalEnemy said:
Dont worry, im not gonna BUY anything. Goddamnit, i dont even know what crust sounds. I would never buy something i dont know what it sounds like.
Crust is noisy hardcore with metal influences. Mostly it's mid-tempo, with growling vocals. My pretentious colleague is pretty much right, it's fairly gloomy and monotonous, which I think was kinda the point.