Never thought these guys would step foot on US soil again, BUT

Platinum Maze

Random Star
Feb 21, 2003
Oakland, NJ
I am so there!!!!

LOUDNESS: New York City Show Announced - Nov. 11, 2005
Veteran Japanese metallers LOUDNESS have lined up a rare New York City show on March 26, 2006 at B.B. King's as part of their 25th Anniversary Tour. More dates are expected to be announced soon.

LOUDNESS recently released a compilation CD, entitled "The Best of Reunion". The 14-song set includes one brand-new track, "Jack", alongside previously released compositions recorded during 2001-2005, featuring the band's original lineup.

As previously reported, LOUDNESS have inked a European deal with Drakkar Records. The group's latest studio album, "Racing", received a European release on September 26.

"Racing" was released in Japan last November via Tokuma Communications.

LOUDNESS' current lineup consists of the following:

Akira Takasaki – Guitar
Minoru Niihara – Vocals
Masayoshi Yamashita – Bass
Munetaka Higuchi – Drums

The LOUDNESS bandmembers are currently working on separate solo albums, tentatively due in early 2006.

carnut said:
Let's hope for Americans they play alot of old stuff and none of their nu shit....

No doubt! I heard the new album the other day and it's pure crap. Their 80's releases are great though. I was lucky enought to see them on their "Thunder In The East" tour of the US, put on a killer show.

I'd love to see them if they played their old stuff! They may throw in a few old, but I'm guessing it will be more new than old.

For their 20th Anniversary, the shows they played in Japan consisted of stuff from every era (like a song or 2 from every album). I'm sure it will be similar because they can't do mostly new stuff and expect more than 10% of the audience to know any of it. Don't matter to me though, it's all good when Akira's on stage!

Only saw them once, opening for Triumph in 1985. And they only played 6 songs.

I saw them in 85 at Le Spectrum in Montreal (which is where the next Exciter gig is on December 10!), and I also met them and had my Thunder In The East album autographed. They all signed in Japanese... so to this day, I have no idea what it actually says, heheheh... At the show, I remember thinking that Akira had the biggest effects rig I'd ever seen. It was as big as a refirigerator!!!

Cheers!
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Platinum Maze said:
For their 20th Anniversary, the shows they played in Japan consisted of stuff from every era (like a song or 2 from every album). I'm sure it will be similar because they can't do mostly new stuff and expect more than 10% of the audience to know any of it. Don't matter to me though, it's all good when Akira's on stage!
Well I wouldn't want to tone down your excitement but I saw them this past summer in Germany and they played mostly new songs, even if nobody in the audience knew them. I hope they'll play more old stuff at the gig you're going to.
I support a band willing to evolve, but the new songs they played were not very exciting IMO. It sounded like they want to be up-to-date at any cost but end up sounding like generic nu-thrash or nu-something, even the guitar solos in those songs are not up to what they used to be.

Fortunately Akira is still the master on the axe when he plays the old stuff! A true talent. :worship:

EDIT : a few pics of the Loudness concert I attended :

img_0073_std.jpg

img_0079_std.jpg

img_0084_std.jpg

img_6973_std.jpg

img_6948_std.jpg

More here : http://www.earthshaker-fest.de/img/esf05/loudness/index.htm

Platinum Maze said:
Akira Takasaki ? Guitar
Minoru Niihara ? Vocals
Masayoshi Yamashita ? Bass
Munetaka Higuchi ? Drums

That is cool. If they did a bunch from Thunder in the East, that would rock. I would like to see how good Takasaki is on guitar. He was incredible back in the day, but I lost touch with Loudness.

Bryant

GREAT PICS!!!
Many thanks!

Please keep us updated on any new tour dates!
I have their first 7 releases.
Like most here, I lost touch after that.
Would LOVE to see them!

I also saw Loudness during the Thunder In The East tour. It was in the Idaho State University Mini-dome in Pocatello. I can't remember who they were opening up for, but that was the LOUDEST concert I have been to (Takasaki's solos were ear piercing). Three days later I recovered my hearing.

It was a fun concert though. Loudness was well-received in southern Idaho until the singer stepped up and said, "Hehwoooo, Idahooow! Famous fowr po-taayy-toooooes! The crowd booed him (in jest mostly). As a former Idaho resident, I know, natives take offense at being credited for anything potatoe related!

NP: Beyond Twilight - Section X

Fangface said:
Well I wouldn't want to tone down your excitement but I saw them this past summer in Germany and they played mostly new songs, even if nobody in the audience knew them. I hope they'll play more old stuff at the gig you're going to.
I support a band willing to evolve, but the new songs they played were not very exciting IMO. It sounded like they want to be up-to-date at any cost but end up sounding like generic nu-thrash or nu-something, even the guitar solos in those songs are not up to what they used to be.

Fortunately Akira is still the master on the axe when he plays the old stuff! A true talent. :worship:

More here : http://www.earthshaker-fest.de/img/esf05/loudness/index.htm

Yeah I have all their albums and their new stuff is hard to explain. It's not very melodic. Almost like thrash/grunge, and it's not very catchy vocal wise. Some songs show flashes of the old days...... They haven't played here in like 15 years, to my knowledge, so hopefully that will influence their setlist a little bit. I'll be like a kid in a candy store either way. :worship:

I ordered 8 tickets today. :)

....and that guitar is the sickest thing ever.