Nevermore - Create the infinite

the phish

Jesus of the board
Jun 21, 2005
Mos Mangeles, Malifornia
I have no frikin idea how to play the main riff of this song. Its been racking my brain for months. I can figure out how to play all the solos in "enemies of reality" note for note, yet i cannot figure out this riff? Could someone here help me?

Its getting ridiculous.

the phish said:
I have no frikin idea how to play the main riff of this song. Its been racking my brain for months. I can figure out how to play all the solos in "enemies of reality" note for note, yet i cannot figure out this riff? Could someone here help me?

Its getting ridiculous.
Hey the phish,
you would think someone on the NM board would help, but here is what I remember without picking up my guitar. Drop D on 6 string (not using a 7 string), with the 6th,5th,and 4th open stirngs being the primary chord. I hope this helps a little, it's been 2 years since I played that song.

I thought that was on a six-string, the guitar on that track sounds totally different from the other guitars. Sounds like it may be through a different amp/effects also.

metalgtr84 said:
I thought that was on a six-string, the guitar on that track sounds totally different from the other guitars. Sounds like it may be through a different amp/effects also.
I wan't there when it was recorded, but I agree it does sound different.
Chris.

the phish said:
hm yea it does a little... thanks a bunch!

btw, i did ask people on the steve smyth board... but i got no replies... Oh well.. atleast i know the tuning now.
Let us know when you get it figured out.
Chris.