Nevermore song meanings?

TrueBeliever

michael
Jun 8, 2002
london
After reading the thread about the river dragon I was wondering if anyone knew what the other songs were about.

I can understand some of DNB, mostly just the songs about the girl who disappeared, like Dreaming Neon Black and Forever. I have no clue about songs like Heart Collector and Narcosynthesis.

DESCRIPTION:

Narcosynthesis is the treatment of neuroses by inducing a seminarcosis in which the patient recalls suppressed memories and recreates emotions.

------
OPETH

narcosynthesis was about using drugs as self-medification

Main Entry: nar·co·sis
Pronunciation: när-'kO-s&s
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural nar·co·ses /-"sEz/
Etymology: New Latin, from Greek narkOsis, action of benumbing, from narkoun
Date: circa 1693
: a state of stupor, unconsciousness, or arrested activity produced by the influence of narcotics or other chemicals

Main Entry: neu·ro·sis
Pronunciation: nu-'rO-s&s, nyu-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural neu·ro·ses /-"sEz/
Etymology: New Latin
Date: circa 1784
: a mental and emotional disorder that affects only part of the personality, is accompanied by a less distorted perception of reality than in a psychosis, does not result in disturbance of the use of language, and is accompanied by various physical, physiological, and mental disturbances (as visceral symptoms, anxieties, or phobias)

Very interesting information :)

but anyone of you know something about Evolution 169 ??
I read in an interview that is has something to do with math and chaos...
someone told me that the evolution 169 is the homo sapiens.. it looks like that since the begining we are the evolution number 169..
not sure about it..
it makes sense... we, the evolution 169 live in a chaos, always seeking for something better. the perfect thing.. the perfect computer, the perfect medicine... etc...

and.. we could be some kind of God's homework ...

think about this.. let's imagine God is a being from a ultra Advanced alien race.. with the capacity of creating life.. so he made us almost like him.. but with less inteligence and put us in this planet to evolve.. so that makes rats in a laboratory.. in an expiriment... and God's friends would be the crowd watching...

does it make sense for anyone of you or I am just a little bit crazy ???