New AC/DC Album - Black Ice

TopCat

New Metal Member
Oct 19, 2007
from ACDC.com:

"Columbia Records announced today the October 20th release of AC/DC's widely-anticipated Black Ice, the band's first studio album in eight years. Black Ice features 15 new tracks from brothers Angus and Malcolm Young, Brian Johnson, Cliff Williams, and Phil Rudd. The album was produced by Brendan O'Brien at the Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, BC.

"Rock 'N' Roll Train," the album's first single, will debut on August 28th. The video will premiere in September. And the band is set to kick off its first world tour since 2001 in late October.

Black Ice will be sold in the US exclusively at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club retail locations at the special price of $ 11.88. Online, the CD will be available with free shipping and handling via the band's website, www.acdc.com. It will also be sold at Walmart.com and Samsclub.com.

Black Ice is currently available for pre-order at www.acdc.com and Walmart.com.

No Bull: The Directors Cut, a newly edited, comprehensive HD DVD of the band's famed July 1996 Plaza De Toros De Las Ventas concert in Madrid , Spain, will be released on September 9, 2008 and is currently available for pre-order."

Check out the cover art:
blackice.jpg

Can't wait for this tour to kick off! For those that may be AC/DC tour virgins, these guys put on the best shows of anyone, anywhere, ever. I'll have to wait til October for the album and the tour, but that didn't stop me from preordering mine - http://acdc.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=149_14353 (gotta have that baby the second it's released).

Fucking lulz!

On a serious note, shouldn't this thread have been originally posted in Old School or Non-Metal? I've never really thought of AC/DC as a metal band.

The new ACDC single Rock N Roll Train ROCKS!

Check out the entire song:

Rock N Roll Train

They recorded the Black Ice album in analog and it has a real vintage sound. I can't wait to hear the rest!