new album due in June!

Gaunerin

vanquish the pain
Oct 5, 2001
ensamhetens vildmark
Why not spread the good news here as well? :)

New album "Naturbål" will be released on June 27th!

20105.jpg

1. Ur aska och sot
2. Överallt och ingenstans
3. En blixt från klar himmel
4. Lågornas rov
5. Rymdens brinnande öar
6. Natten visste vad skymningen såg
7. Elddraken
8. Urdarmåne
9. Själ i flamma

and can be preordered at Napalm:
http://shop.napalmrecords.com/vintersorg-naturbal.html

Yes!! I love the album cover, can't wait to listen to the songs! (or to the previews if they release any soon :p).

This will be the fire-album, right?

A track-by-track explanation has been released :)

1. Ur aska och sot
The album is based on the different kinds of the element of fire, since it is our third record in the circle of the four elements. You can translate the title with " From ashes and soot" and it is about a fire, that is burning down the landscape and what happens after. A new landscape is rising and earth provides it self with new life. It also has a philosophical aspect, since everything in life have their own chapters.

2. Överallt och ingenstans
A translations would be like "everywhere and nowhere". Where you look, there are always diverse processes of nature, which have no fixed place to happen. Nature is an amorph creature, which reacts to all aspects of our envirement. On the one hand, its about the view in a naturally-romantic way, on the other in a scientific way. The stars are the fire, which continue this endless journey.

3. En blixt från klar himmel
"A lightning from a clear sky". An epic motive. A lightning strikes and ignites a tree, which symolises the physical and psychological shelter for humanity. This fire enlightens the dark and is just like nature`s campfire.

4. Lågornas rov
"The flames prey". A huge forestfire is on its way and "eats" everything there is, until a path, a huge path ends its "hunt". These are adventure-like lyrics and there will be a videoclip for it.

5. Rymdens brinnande öar
"the burning island of space". Its obviously that this song is about the stars. It has a poetic view, since we live in the favour of the stars and they guide us through time and space. We are watching them and try to understand our place and task in this vast structure. The stars are the warmth and the light, but they even represent cold in this endless space. The lyrics have a very visuel point of view.

6. Natten visste vad skymningen såg
"Night knew what dawn saw". Its is a little bit strange, because nature has an animalistic side in this song. It is about a man, who got lost in the forest during dusk. Soon it will be dark and all images and fears, which you connect with an adventure like this, awake. This man has to rely on his knowledge in this situation and form his future with his decisions.

7. Elddraken
"The firedragon". This song is based on the concept of volcanoes. The dragons is a volcano, which spits fire, ashes and smoke. The landscape around the volcano has to react on this. Its not a deep song, though, and only a song about volcanoes, without many scientific aspects in it. Just food for our imagination.

8. Urdamåne
There is no accurate translation for this, since it is folklore. when the crescent moon was is a horizontal way, it was a bad omen in the ancient days. Man believed, that that a bad harvest or some other unfortunate things will happen. Just bad news. The world was on the edge and everything was close to collapse. In some areas, men believed the moon would shoot fireballs on earth.

9. Själ i flamma
"Soul on fire". This is a very positiv song! It describes how mankind can be "on fire" for something. It can take all of our mind and what great achievements we can accomplishe or experience. In this context, fire "comes" from nature, since we are watching andd thinking about it. This is the main thought being a part of nature and this leads to many other thoughts about this theme.

Just, wow! reading these song descriptions blew my mind, this album looks so promising, I'm really curious to hear "En blixt från klar himmel" and "Natten visste vad skymningen såg" they sound so poetic, it would be nice to read the track by track explanation from Jordpuls and Orkan, how do you think this album will look like? comparing to the previous two, I know it's too soon to talk about the water part but since water represent changes and flow I can bet my coins on something more progressive than the previous three, and fire gives me the impression of something wild and aggressive, but after reading this track by track explanation I can't trust me anymore on that guess :lol:

Also, where did you find this track by track explanation? I just follow him on Facebook and it isn't there, you have some nice sources here :D

I hope to hear this new song soon, damn my anxiety is killing me on this one

I found it in the Napalm Records catalogue, where it's presented in German, and one of the forum people were kind enough to translate it into English :)

I'm also curious on the sound of course, have already preordered the album, but I think the style has been pretty consistent over the last two albums so I'm guessing he'll stay in this vein for the rest of the quadrilogy. I could be mistaken of course, we'll have to wait and see.

EDIT: Oh, and I would also love a track-by-track comment on the last two albums, that would be great!

I found it in the Napalm Records catalogue, where it's presented in German, and one of the forum people were kind enough to translate it into English :)

I'm also curious on the sound of course, have already preordered the album, but I think the style has been pretty consistent over the last two albums so I'm guessing he'll stay in this vein for the rest of the quadrilogy. I could be mistaken of course, we'll have to wait and see.

EDIT: Oh, and I would also love a track-by-track comment on the last two albums, that would be great!

I ordered some old albums on ebay, jordpuls and orkan included, having this quadrilogy will be awesome, can't wait to have all four and put in the random playlist :headbang: :headbang:

Nice! I will fetch if there's a description of the other two, but I think not since no one presented it here. Oficially we are in the second half, there's a probability he will do something different, earth + wind are strongly related with each other, as fire + water (this antagonism is very strong) I love this pre-new album theories and rumours! :D so exciting

Tried listening to the whole album just now, for the first time. I had to fucking stop at track #7.:D Just couldn't take it anymore.=/