New album remix

Lordlindsey

Metal Royalty
Oct 8, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
I'm geeked about the old songs being re-mixed in 5.1 Surround.

First, I though they were poorly done the first time around. Great songs, just didn't get the mix right.
Second...because I'm an audio/video geek, that now has some ANTHRAX to jam on my system.

Didn't Scott mean the live DVD was going to be in 5.1, not the MMA record?

That's gonna be awesome hearing Anthrax live in 5.1. I hope they do a great job mixing the sound, cuz a live dvd with poorly mixed sound just sucks ass. When I got Rush in Rio, I was amazed at the sound quality. It sounded as though you were right in the middle of the crowd.

CyThrax said:
That's gonna be awesome hearing Anthrax live in 5.1. I hope they do a great job mixing the sound, cuz a live dvd with poorly mixed sound just sucks ass. When I got Rush in Rio, I was amazed at the sound quality. It sounded as though you were right in the middle of the crowd.
I thought the Rush one had some major flaws. I heard plain old static during "2112." I'm not alone.

jdelpi said:
I thought the Rush one had some major flaws. I heard plain old static during "2112." I'm not alone.

Damn, I missed that static. I'll have to watch that part again. I didn't mean to sound like an audiophile or anything, but I was thinking more about the sound being "huge" and making you feel like you're actually at the concert. I've got a dvd that does no justice at all to the sound of the actual concert and it's disappointing to be expecting more than that and getting something that sounds like shit.

Of course the Anthrax DVD is going to kick ass and I'm going to annoy the hell out of my wife (and neighbors) by watching it every single night!

CyThrax said:
Damn, I missed that static. I'll have to watch that part again. I didn't mean to sound like an audiophile or anything, but I was thinking more about the sound being "huge" and making you feel like you're actually at the concert.
I agree with that. It does show the passion of the Brazilian crowd.

CyThrax said:
I've got a dvd that does no justice at all to the sound of the actual concert and it's disappointing to be expecting more than that and getting something that sounds like shit.
Return of the Killer A's?

jdelpi said:
Return of the Killer A's?

No, I don't have Killer A's. It's the Blue Man Group complex dvd. I saw them on the tour and was all jacked up when I found out they were doing a concert dvd. Their goofy instruments they play aren't near loud enough in the mix, sometimes you can hardly hear them. Just the overall sound is poor, it's almost like listening to it through just a pair of bookshelf speakers instead of 5.1.