new album sales

shad0w__

Mar 17, 2003
London
How is the new album doing in terms of sales? I read that in the first week it didnt sell that good although it is an awesome album and it deserves much better

I know here in the states it hasnt sold great, but I heard a rumor it's already gone Platinum in Europe! This may be a rumor but I hope it's true. This album deserves the success.

yeah belgium invaded by the dutch(y)men and ze germans
it proves there's a lack of metalfestivals

once again i will put an aussie slant on things,there is so much opportunity here,a band like soulfly went platinum here,now to get platinum here u only need 30,000 but that is more records than anthrax have sold in the usa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what soulfly do well is tour here for every record,thats what it is all about,sure anthrax might not make any money but it will do them a great justice to get there asses down here.

anthrax really fucked up here by not touring on sound of white noise,they were on the bestsellers list in australia for attack of the killer b's,so basically not making the effort to come here for the fans is big big mistake.

Yeah true. I remember the promo for SOWN was pretty massive here. A tour shouldve followed.

Still, the Stomp tour was pretty successful from what I can remember. After 96, thats when all the rap-metal shit took over, and V8 went AWOL.

But they are def due to get back here now for WCFYA. I've been on the Metallica board today and there's heaps of great threads about the record.

Does this mean every prick has d/loaded it, or was that Metal Sludge 10, 000 sales figure only put out like a few days after its release ??

they sold 9819 in the first week of release,that is prob not a very accurate figure,alot of metal record stores prob arent even using soundscan,i think it costs thousands to get on the system.