New Alcatrazz band and cd forthcoming

Dec 3, 2004
Arizona, USA
www.ryanseek.com
Graham Bonnet has reformed Alcatrazz (all new line-up, of course) and plans on touring and recording a new cd!

"While working on new material, ALCATRAZZ featuring Graham Bonnet have done a number of gigs in the U.S., Japan and Europe since last year. The band is out and ready to work with new gigs in the U.S. and overseas in mind. The album is coming together, and the band also wants to get out there to play live for as many fans worldwide as possible. We have received lots of emails requesting the band to come to your town, and we will post any new gig on this site as soon as booked and confirmed."

Also a 2008 video performance on the Blabbermouth page:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=108965

The bands sounds great! I think I mentioned here I saw them last New years eve. Tim luce bass, Said he was really happy with the new songs. So lets hope it happens soon.

why not just call it the graham bonnet band?

Marketing I guess. I know that Bonnet is a well established name but Alcatrazz may draw more people into it. And as like Insane mentioned in the GNR thread some artists having the right to the name keep on using it even if the have revamped the whole line-up and/or many yeras had passed since the last recording.

Who's playing guitar now? Obviously Vai and Malmsteen aren't. Should be interesting to hear what they produce.

Here's the line up:

Graham Bonnet - Lead Vocals
Howie Simon - Guitar, Vocals
Glen Sobel - Drums
Tim Luce - Bass, Vocals

why not just call it the graham bonnet band?

Technically, they are calling it Alcatrazz with Graham Bonnet, but that's far too clunky for me, so I just called them Alcatrazz for short. :D

i hope it will be a good album.

i just posted on the Rainbow reformation thread that Bonnet was the best Rainbow vocalist IMO

i have bootleg DVD'S Of Alcatrazz w/Yngwie,Alcatrazz w/Vai

and Graham Bonnet in 2003 w/Howie Simon on guitar

with the marquee as: Graham Bonnet live at Palladino's,Tarzana,CA 2003

I would like to see Alcatrazz play again-simply because father time is "catching up" with Graham:Smug:

and Graham Bonnet in 2003 w/Howie Simon on guitar with the marquee as: Graham Bonnet live at Palladino's,Tarzana,CA 2003

I was at that show & have the dvd also. :headbang: A loose almost rehearsal type gig. The shows they play now are tight well rehearshed shows. If they ever play a show near you check them out.