Chris Lotesto

Uncle Fester
Aug 6, 2004
www.ionvein.com
Silent Waters

Man, first pass through and this thing is kicking my ass, great
album! :headbang: I'm glad I ordered based on the track I heard on the
NB sampler, nice when that actually works out! :kickass:

I love samplers....I have found so many great bands that way....the old Noise Records The Doomsday News really introduced me to bands like Scanner, Rage, Sabbat, Midas Touch, Mordred and so on. I am a sucker for samplers and DVD collections of videos. I love the Monsters of Metal that Nuclear Blast outs out...even though as of late they have slipped in quality...they used to have a section of live clips and in the studio stuff....now it is just videos only. I have also gotten into many bands due to these samplers on DVD.

I just hate when samplers have all big name bands on it.

The new Amorphis album is excellent indeed. Book them, people will come :)

Well that's too bad. Another time I'm sure they'll make their way to Atlanta, or some festival I'm going to.

I have heard great things about the new Amorphis. I am working on a trade right now to obtain it.

I love samplers too.
One of my favorite samplers in recent times is the DARK PSYCHE one, from THE END.
That comp turned me on to Agalloch, amongst others.

Indeed Silent Waters is great. Even better than Eclipse, which I love.
I like Eclipse a slight bit better, but Silent Waters will probably be in my top 5 this year again. I've listened to them so much these past few months that I changed my avatar.

I brought them up as a band for Powerfest .. I think they have a lot of crossover appeal, and fit in very well with the heavier direction of the fest. Make it so. **Edit .. just noticed that they aren't avaialble .. rats**

Britt

Silent Waters

Man, first pass through and this thing is kicking my ass, great
album! :headbang: I'm glad I ordered based on the track I heard on the
NB sampler, nice when that actually works out! :kickass:

I was actually going to make a new thread about this album. I've been a fan since "Elegy" was new and I absolutely love these guys. While I was dissapointed that Pasi left, the band was getting a bit stagnant and a change was needed. With a new singer, there was a lot more energy in the band, and while "Eclipse" was a good album, it is totally shadowed by "Silent Waters". This IS what fantastic Metal music is all about! This is their best album since Elegy, IMO. This is a must-buy for anyone who is interested in intense, yet melodic Metal. The song "Her Alone" is worth the price of the whole disc. Great stuff!:headbang: