New amp, first try at recording it, any advice?

Oct 8, 2007
K.C. (Kansas City)
I bought a new amp and am trying to decide if it is a useable tone? I am happy with it but would appreciate any input you, the forum members with better trained ears than I, have to offer. It's a Yamaha T-100, the first of the SLO's built by Mike Soldano. Yamaha used cheaper parts than he advised using but for the price I picked it up for I am real happy! The signal chain is, guitar w/ EMG 85->Yamaha T-100->Marshall 4X12 V-30 loaded slant cab->transformer modded SM-57->Boss BR 1600-CD recorder with little EQ used->CD. I cut below 71hz by 10db, and cut @ 8000 by 2db.http://sneapforum.kazrog.com/guitarguru1969/01 Man Up (new guitar tone test 1).mp3

Sorry for the bad link, I am computer illiterate. If someone could point out an after school speacial for me to watch as to better edjimacate me on computer skills, please feel free to send me the link. By send me the link I mean if you could just tell me the time and date along with the proper station to tune into, I would greatly appreciate that! Seriously, I have edited my first post and added a good link to the clip, whew.