New Angra

This is a very good cd. A solid follow up to the last 2. The guitar work stands out on this album very well. The leads are very well done and seem to have a reason to be there and not just shread for the point of shread. Cold be a top 10 for me this year.

I still love Shaman's first album more than any Angra album.

But Temple of Shadows is a really great album. Holy Land, yeah... Angel's Cry, yeah... but for whatever reason, Ritual is an absolutely perfect album for me.

I just wish I knew what the FUUUUCK happened with those douchebags and why they've come to a screeching halt!

Andre Matos. Great guy from what I've heard, but an inconsistent songwriter. Notice how inconsistent Angra was during the Matos era. Angels Cry-good, Holy Land-great, Fireworks-Eh.

Angrafan said:
I am listening to the new Angra for the first time....

For some reason I can't really enjoy his voice.. But the music is pretty good! Their best album since Holy Land for sure!

Strange, I thought the same thing. I can't get enough of his voice on Temple, but for some reason he just sounds so subdued on the new one. He sounds less strained which should be a good thing right? For some reason his voice isn't clicking for me yet. Maybe a few dozen more listens and I'll come around. Great stuff otherwise so far...

General Zod said:
Temple of Shadows was my #2 CD of 2004. After my first listen, I'd have to say Aurora Consurgens is a let down. It just sounds like a lackluster effort.

Zod

ToS was my #1 pick of that year and IMO, one of the best power metal albums of all time. So for me, I am expecting a bit of a 'let down' since there is not much more room to improve. I expect the new album to rule nonetheless. :)

General Zod said:
Expect a huge let down, and you won't be disappointed.

Zod

I really dug the first single that is on the website so I doubt it will be a 'huge let down.' :cool: