New ARSIS Smokes!!

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Anyone else here get their new album "We Are The Nightmare"?

Without a doubt one of the best, if not THE best, techy death metal bands the US has to offer right now. A definite successor to Death, IMO. :kickass: Not that they sound like Death, but definitely cut from the same cloth.

Finally, a killer tech death band that doesn't come from either Canada or Europe. ;)

Fucking right doggy :kickass: I bought the album a day before it was released when they came here with Shadows fall, and I bought my friend a copy. I've seen them twice now(was gonna be a 3rd on the Death Angel tour but idk if a 1hr drive there and back is worth jstu Arsis and 4 bad bands) but DA dropped. Ive seen w/o Malone singing and with and they were awesome. I didnt get Maddening Disdain this time around though :(

Pre-ordered We Are The Nightmare. got the Cd/dvd/shirt. DvD is funny as hell.
I also bought United in Regret the first time i ever saw them live back in february.
I will be seeing them with DEATH ANGEL this saturday.
I hear good things about Celebration of Guilt, and ive listened to Face of my Innocence which fucking rocks.
A Diamond For Disease has a cover of Alice Cooper's Roses on White Lace and thats also pretty cool.

:kickass:

omg you guys dont have ACOG :OMG:

listen to this song, screw the gay youtube vid, this song has one of the sweetest fucking sound riffs ever!

Last edited by a moderator:
We are the Nightmare is my biggest dissapointment of the year so far......I was really looking forward to it but it has let down big time. IT's too techy with an overly clinical production (the kick drum:puke:)
They were technical on their previous albums but there was a great balance of melody and memorable riffs.....really reminded me of the later Death material.
I feel they've lost their identity and what made them special...now i can just lump them in with other tech death bands who like to cram as many riffs and notes into a song as they can:mad:

We are the Nightmare is my biggest dissapointment of the year so far......I was really looking forward to it but it has let down big time. IT's too techy with an overly clinical production (the kick drum:puke:)
They were technical on their previous albums but there was a great balance of melody and memorable riffs.....really reminded me of the later Death material.
I feel they've lost their identity and what made them special...now i can just lump them in with other tech death bands who like to cram as many riffs and notes into a song as they can:mad:

Interesting...although I very much like the later Death stuff for that very reason...which is probably why I was so impressed with their new one.

However, I do have ACOG on the way & now I'm looking forward to it even more. Thanks for the feedback.