New At the Gates?

BTW, the new AtG album is called "At War With Reality." Enemies of reality?

Mr. Dane, please consult your attorney. :D

Ok, In Flames' main influence was Iron Maiden, but are you seriously telling me that you don't believe Metallica and Slayer influenced most of our favorite bands from that era?

[ ... massive rant deleted ... ]

No of course not, the influence is there. But the MAIN influence on IF was Maiden, that's all I'm saying.

BTW, before you knock sweep solos, don't forget what band board you are on and who is one of the worst offenders of sweeping.

Many people including myself have stated on this forum many, many times that we don't care for Loomis' style. It's ok, you can say it too...they're not gonna kick you out. :lol: You shoulda been here around 2006, man. No one is safe here, not even the band members. It's part of the charm, I guess. This forum has been pretty dead for over three or four years, but years ago it was brutal.

Not saying that sweep picking is shit; some songs sound nice with sweeping. However, when someone sweeps just for the sake of sweeping like the aforementioned core bands do, it's pretty shit.

Sorry for the previous long rant. I had just woken up at the crack of noon and was in a pre-coffee haze. I kinda went on autopilot for a while there. Think Tony Soprano in the morning around season 5.

Many people including myself have stated on this forum many, many times that we don't care for Loomis' style. It's ok, you can say it too...they're not gonna kick you out. :lol: You shoulda been here around 2006, man. No one is safe here, not even the band members. It's part of the charm, I guess. This forum has been pretty dead for over three or four years, but years ago it was brutal.

You just answered why this forum is dead. I got a little of the douchebaggery when I first joined a few years back and had to resist the urge to flame some people back. Well in one case I didn't. But dickish behavior by a community that should be ostensibly rallied around the band is a formula for death. That's why this forum basically has 5-6 posters.

And I can't imagine negativity toward Jeff. All I've seen here is hero worship. The only guitarist more fondly mentioned seems to be Calvert.

And he can't lip synch for shit. That's the worst I've seen since KMFDM's "Megalomaniac."
just rewatched cause i didnt remember having this feeling (and ive watched that video many times haha) and i assume you are referring to the somewhat 'lazy' delivery of the few few verses? i think it's keeping with the theme of the song/video, and he gets more into it for the chorus and later verses. and en esch is spot on. and who cares about lip synching when pill girl is gyrating around :tickled:

You just answered why this forum is dead. I got a little of the douchebaggery when I first joined a few years back and had to resist the urge to flame some people back. Well in one case I didn't. But dickish behavior by a community that should be ostensibly rallied around the band is a formula for death. That's why this forum basically has 5-6 posters.

And I can't imagine negativity toward Jeff. All I've seen here is hero worship. The only guitarist more fondly mentioned seems to be Calvert.

Hero worship maybe from the newbs, but not from anyone who's been here for at least four years, and at least not for anyone but WD. Maybe it's a bit unfair, but Loomis has stated several times that he hates this forum. Drummer too. Also, we tend to have a greater appreciation for WD's stuff, be it NM, Sanctuary, or his solo stuff. ESPECIALLY his solo stuff. Not saying you're wrong for feeling this forum is dead, but then again, it's been the exact same since about 2002. People just move on, that's all. No one hates anyone in the band. People grow. People change. Also, the negativity isn't always just from the fans.

But c'mon...how many times can Warrel and everyone else answer, "What's your favorite song from Nevermore?" I dunno if you realize it or not, but our exchange over At the Gates is very Neverboard-in-its-heydey-ish. Trust me: you haven't seen anything bad in this forum since you've been a member. I think pretty much everyone will back me up on that. This is pretty much a nursing home for us online now.

If you wanna know the real truth why we're still here, it's because this forum is a great place to discover new shit. There may be only a few of us left, but we're elitist whores when it comes to new shit, be it music, gaming, film, whatever. The Neverboard is like Reddit, Facebook, Blabbermouth, and IGN all in one.