New beer glass to be launched in the UK

Iron Zombius

Sep 6, 2007
From the "news of the world"
31/01/2010
THIS is the smashing new beer glass that's calling last orders on the traditional pint pot.

It's made using a special toughened glass mixed with plastics so it breaks into tiny pieces instead of dangerous shards that can be used as weapons.

And landlords will be urged to switch in a bid to make pubs and clubs safer without resorting to plastic beakers.

There are more than 87,000 incidents of violence involving glasses a year - nearly 250 every day. It costs the NHS, police and courts more than £100 million.

Celebrity Big Brother star Vinnie Jones needed 48 stitches after being hit in the face with a beer glass in 2008.

But publicans said drinking from plastic would drive yet more drinkers from already struggling pubs.

The new pint pots, which will be launched on Thursday, have been made to look and feel like normal glasses.

Design expert Jeremy Myerson said: "The design has the potential to help make our communities safer places."

see it at : http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/711789/New-toughened-glass-pint-pots-to-cut-pub-casualties.html

Awesome. So now when you go to smash your tougher-than-nails schooner glass over some obnoxious cunt's head you can put your whole arm into it without fear of glass cuts on your own hand. I, for one, see it as a challenge as to how hard to need to deck someone in order to still get the satisfying shatter effect.

:Smug:

Good intention, questionable solution. What's next: toughened snap-resistant pool cues?

have mates who work in the UK and they say the glassing is exceptionally common.
some places it happens a few times a night.

mainly with Cider drinkers too.
something about the cider which makes them go crazy and very violent.

have mates who work in the UK and they say the glassing is exceptionally common.

There are more than 87,000 incidents of violence involving glasses a year - nearly 250 every day. It costs the NHS, police and courts more than £100 million.

Shit thats alot. For that to be comparable with australia, we would need 29,000 per year, or 80 glassings a day

There is a lot of violence over there. I've never seen it myself, fortunately, but it happens all the time. Steering clear of rough pubs is the best option.

Cider, I'd believe it! Dunno what it is about it but it certainly makes people a little crazy kinda like Bundy but doesnt taste as foul:heh: