New Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack

Meisterjäger

Douchebag
Oct 19, 2007
www.myspace.com
Just thought I'd bring this to some people's attention.

I found this on Machine Head's website (A UK guitar store, not the band). It's not been announced on the Blackstar website itself, but I'd view this as a Tiny Terror competitor.

Cheap, too!

Full stack (Head + 2x Celestion loaded 1x10 cabs)

http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/24_27_138/products_id/2138

Just the head

http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/24_27_138/products_id/2139

They look really nice. Not in stock yet, and I'm not sure if this is a mistake and they've gone up a bit too soon.

Well they make the most blatant copy of a Mesa Recto cab I've ever seen, so I'd think they have some metal abilities...I'm intrigued

Looks good, any idea what they're like? I've heard Blackstar is more about vintage tones, not so much Modern Metal.

Well their current amp range is pretty Vintage (although, by all accounts, awesome) but the new Series One is pretty much all about modern rock/ metal. ETA on that range is Q1 2009.

In regards to the HT-5, it seems to be an expanded version of their HT pedal design, so in all likelihood sits somewhere between the Artisan and S1 in terms of gain offered. I can't see it being too heavy, as it only employs one 12ax7.

I think Gorath's on target. As I said, probably more of a Tiny Terror/Valve Jr competitor than a Rev Jr challenger if you think of what they're doing with the HT pedals. I haven't tried it yet, no.

I honestly can't wait for the Series One to hit, if nothing else then just for the black cabinets. I originally got told by a Blackstar guy they were out Q3 2007... so don't hold your breath for Q1 2009.

Got an email outlining the new amplifier:

The HT-5 is the ultimate studio and practice amp, packing all the great tone and innovative features of the awardwinning
HT valve pedals into a two channel, footswitchable valve amp format. The patent-applied-for ISF (Infinite
Shape Feature) circuit gives you infinite adjustment over the characteristics of the tone control network and takes
you from the USA to the UK and any where in between. So now you can effectively design your own tone and finally
find ‘the sound in your head’.

In making the HT-5 ideally suited to home and studio use, the aim was to develop a valve amp which sounded full
and toneful even at the lowest volume level. With this in mind the Blackstar design team designed a brand new
valve power amplifier topology. The HT-5 power amplifier is a low powered push-pull design which produces the
crunch and break-up characteristics of a traditional 100W output stage but at a much lower volume. This is
achieved by the use of a 12BH7 dual triode in push-pull configuration producing 5 watts output, which is rich in
valve harmonics and compression.

The HT-5 also has a fully specified speaker emulated output which further enhances the studio credentials and
allows any guitarist to get amazing valve tone straight to tape or disk, or through headphones. It also features the
unique 4x12/1x12 voicing switch allowing you to change the tonal characteristics of the emulated signal between
two emulated cabinet types.

Add to this an effects loop with switchable level, along with 16Ω and 8Ω speaker outputs which allow you to run
the amp into an external speaker cabinet of your choice, and you have everything you need for recording or
practising.

The series includes the HT-5 1x10" Combo, the HT-5H Head and the HT-5S Mini Stack.

DUE NOVEMBER

Meisterjäger;7727937 said:
I honestly can't wait for the Series One to hit, if nothing else then just for the black cabinets. I originally got told by a Blackstar guy they were out Q3 2007... so don't hold your breath for Q1 2009.

Red Marble Tolex = the sexy.
:cool: