New Dark Tranquillity song

it has that usual DT quality, but this is character part two...

you guys need to pull another projector! change it uppppp!

you guys need to pull another projector! change it uppppp!
Agreed. Aside from the music, Stanne's clean vocals are quite interesting. Given how the genre has really embraced using at least some clean vocals, I'm surprised they haven't used them since. That said, I like this track quite a bit.

lost interest after Haven
"Damage Done" was superb. Definitely worth checking out. Granted, it's in the same mode as what they've been doing lately, but it's easily their most consistent, strongest disc in a while.

Zod

i couldn't get through Damage DOne. Even Character was better IMO. THough I havent been intensely interested in this style of music for years

I really enjoy Damage Done.

I'll also agree that I'd like to hear Stanne use his clean vox more. Although, his growly vocals have greatly improved between Damage Done and Character.

Opinions on the album as a whole?

I've listened to it a few times now over the last week and it isn't doing that much for me. It's pretty good still as with anything DT do, but at this stage this feels like one of their weakest efforts. I actually really liked Character and I'm certainly not enjoying this one as much, although perhaps it's more of a grower, whereas I found Character instantly accessible.

It sounds really quite different from Character actually. There is the return of Stanne's clean vocals on one track which varies things up a bit. There's also some chick singing on the last track but I'm not overly keen on her voice.

This kind of music is sometimes fun to listen to but I find it lacking in ambition. I own Character and it's fairly boring. I can understand it's appeal though; their accessilbility reminds of the way Pantera appealed to rednecks - crap compositions and musicianship but solid riffing and the occasional hook reeled in alot of listeners. Myself included.

This kind of music is sometimes fun to listen to but I find it lacking in ambition. I own Character and it's fairly boring. I can understand it's appeal though; their accessilbility reminds of the way Pantera appealed to rednecks - crap compositions and musicianship but solid riffing and the occasional hook reeled in alot of listeners. Myself included.

That's a pretty good description. Good work.

This kind of music is sometimes fun to listen to but I find it lacking in ambition. I own Character and it's fairly boring.
I think you've hit it on the head. Character was a completely unnecessary release. Damage Done took the band's current direction as far as it needed to go. At this point, they're just rehashing what they've been doing since 2000 with Haven. It's kind of a shame, as I always thought of DT wasn't afraid to let their sound evolve naturally.

Zod