New Death Angel Bassist

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Straight from their MySpace site

DEATH ANGEL is pleased to announce, and welcome new bassist Sammy Diosdado to the line up! A bay area native who formerly played with the S.F. Hardcore band The Sick. Also in San Francisco's Punk n' Roll outfit All Time Highs! featuring Mark Osegueda from Death Angel on lead vocals. With his in your face punk assault on bass, and on stage he was the perfect fit to fill the shoes of Former bassist, and founding member Dennis Pepa who brought the punk attitude to Death Angel on albums, and on stage! Vocalist Mark Osegueda states " I could not be more thrilled! People in the Bay Area who have seen Sammy on stage know what I'm talking about, and now it is time for the rest of the world to see! Sammy just Plain ROCKS! So I urge all Death Angel fans to welcome Sammy to the Death Angel family, and come see us live when we come to your town that will be all the convincing you will need that we made the right choice!!!"

I'm kinda pissed, first Gus left now Dennis (his brother). The band is making good albums since the comeback but so many line-up changes don't look good to me :erk:

It was a pity when Dennis left the band. When I saw them live at Graspop 04 Dennis impressed me.

I love Death Angel but I´m not totally agree with you Wyvern. IMO, "The art of dying" is a great album. Different from what we could expect but very good. However, "Killing season", being more classic sound, was a disappointing for me. I missed some killer songs.

I love Death Angel but I´m not totally agree with you Wyvern. IMO, "The art of dying" is a great album. Different from what we could expect but very good. However, "Killing season", being more classic sound, was a disappointing for me. I missed some killer songs.

I also believe TAOD is superior to KS, still the last have good songs. It is not worse then FTTP by my standards.

But I feel unease when the founding members of a band beging to leave specially after a reunion, is never a good omen. :ill:

ahh, Death Angel is fucking awesome, one of my all-time favorite bands. Killing Season was indeed awesome, and TAOD wasn't bad either. Man, since Killing Season came out I've been just crankin' out that shit the whole year, and it hasn't gotten old at all, I still play it all the time. I'm hoping that the new bassist won't change their sound too much, because they're one of the classic thrash bands that are still putting out good material without any modernized shit. But I think there's actually no reason to worry about that, since this new guy is a punk bassist like Dennis also.

KS > TAOD

Death Angel is great! best of luck to the new guy