New Doors Documentary

haven't seen it but i own everything the doors have released minus the 45 different greatest hits albums

I think I'll go to see it. The last movie did little for my respect for Morrison. The review spoke about that and this sounds like it will be more accurate. Still I was never much of a fan past the age of 12 because it wasnt hardrock, so this will be exploratory for me.

i'm going to see the band RIDERS ON THE STORM on june 7th. for those who don't know RIDERS ON THE STORM features ray and krieger from the doors and they play a bunch of doors tunes

I saw RotS when they were still calling themselves The Doors! Fantastic little show. Really enjoyed it.

Love The Doors to bloody little pieces, one of my all-time favorite bands. But I'm not in the mood for another documentary, even though this one sounds pretty high quality. I have a short, maybe 50 minute documentary that is actually from the 60s which I find to be interesting enough to satisfy my curiosity. Mostly I like to listen to the music and decide for myself whatever the specifics may have been.

reverse for me, not crazy about the music but should enjoy the documentary, Im a bit nostalgic to those times, I was young but had older cousins and friends older brothers, reminds me of hanging around those derelics.

I saw RotS when they were still calling themselves The Doors! Fantastic little show. Really enjoyed it.

Love The Doors to bloody little pieces, one of my all-time favorite bands. But I'm not in the mood for another documentary, even though this one sounds pretty high quality. I have a short, maybe 50 minute documentary that is actually from the 60s which I find to be interesting enough to satisfy my curiosity. Mostly I like to listen to the music and decide for myself whatever the specifics may have been.

you saw the real doors :OMG: thats awesome. the good thing about ROTS is they play a lot of tune morrison never really liked to play live plus you get to hear live versions of stuff from the L.A. WOMAN album which they never got to tour with morrison for

according to the bands facebook brett scallions will not be with them. the U.S. dates will feature this guy on vocals:

Last edited by a moderator:
I havent a clue what band your talking about but I dont see how Metajevic or how ever its spelled has the right voice for Morrison. Maybe hes lower and fuller after 20 years ?

I havent a clue what band your talking about but I dont see how Metajevic or how ever its spelled has the right voice for Morrison. Maybe hes lower and fuller after 20 years ?

you don't know what band i'm talking about? its RIDERS ON THE STORM aka ray manzarek and robby krieger (keyboardist and guitar player) of the doors. they tour every year playing doors tunes. at first that had the guy from the cult and then the guy from fuel. right now the U.S. dates will feature mike and his voice hasn't changed that much.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DTpGQzFhG8&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQo2ISc41RQ&feature=related[/ame]

but IMO they should have found where this guy is since he looks and sounds like jim morrison:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the Riders of the Storm part so assumed it was Doors covers of some kind. I was very fimiliar with Steelhearts debut album, hes seems an odd pick but can probably sing better lower today, he used to have to throw his voice back in the early 90's to sing low like in opening verses on Sheila.

That last song/band sounds real good

I got the Riders of the Storm part so assumed it was Doors covers of some kind. I was very fimiliar with Steelhearts debut album, hes seems an odd pick but can probably sing better lower today, he used to have to throw his voice back in the early 90's to sing low like in opening verses on Sheila.

That last song/band sounds real good

bakers pink. they were an underrated band and that guy looks/sounds like jim

BTW, just finally checked out that new Steelheart, not bad at all though its only "Steelheart" in name.