New DT dvd

Meedleyx10

Dec 20, 2003
I'm omnipresent
Hey guys. I know a lot of you dislike Dream Theater for whatever reason, but those of you who do like them should check out the DVD they just came out with on YTSEjams records. Its from the show they did last year where they did all of When Dream And Day Unite in its entirety then Metropolis Pt. 1 and To Live Forever with Charlie dominici and derek sherinian (only on those last two). Its also got footage from the band when the album first came out and they talk about the history behind each of the songs. I just got mine today and i must say im very pleased with it. The Killing Hand has always been one of my favorite songs and hearing it live with LaBrie and vocals only makes it that much better. Definately a good buy.

SO check it out if you're interested, just thought id spread the word around here. Be aware though, if you order it you might be waiting a while, they were on backorder before they even started shipping. I ordered mine a few days after it was available for pre-order and waited a month.

MorphineChild205 said:
I ordered mine about a week ago. I can't wait!

Does the concert portion show Myung a lot? I'm a Myung freak.

For the most part though. Its funny though cause during his solo on Ytse Jam there isnt a single shot of him. Its great for myung fans because on the WDADU songs he's playing a lot of leads and stepping out of the typical bass player role a lot. They talk about that quite a bit on the commentary.

Meedleyx10 said:
Its great for myung fans because on the WDADU songs he's playing a lot of leads and stepping out of the typical bass player role a lot. They talk about that quite a bit on the commentary.

Sweet!

"When dream and day reunite" is a great DVD! I received it two days ago. There's a good 1989 documentary (70 min) and every song is in double version: 1989 concert and 2004 concert. Very nice :D