New DVD

They originally recorded a show in London which was to become a DVD and got cancelled. They then recorded a show in Chile last year(?) which is currently being edited and finalised.

Scott and Frank tweeted a couple of weeks ago and they were doing a commentary for the show as a bonus feature for the DVD. Hopefully it's out before too much longer......Why the long wait for it - I don't know, other than to say "that's Anthrax". They'll release it when they're ready.

They originally recorded a show in London which was to become a DVD and got cancelled. They then recorded a show in Chile last year(?) which is currently being edited and finalised.

Scott and Frank tweeted a couple of weeks ago and they were doing a commentary for the show as a bonus feature for the DVD. Hopefully it's out before too much longer......Why the long wait for it - I don't know, other than to say "that's Anthrax". They'll release it when they're ready.

That must be what I read then. Good, looking forward to it!

thanks for the info :)

They're really not taking that long though. Most artists wait until the end of the touring cycle the DVD is of before they even start to work on the DVD release; it keeps crowds going to the gigs instead of just saying "well, I'll just get the DVD". So you go on that assumption, they probably didn't start to work on the DVD until mid-September at the earliest.

Plenty of other normally functioning bands take a while to put out their concert DVD's. I know Maiden and Rush both take usually about a year and a half from the gig to the release. AC/DC took over 2 years to release Live At River Plate (And over years to release the CD...).

They're really not taking that long though. Most artists wait until the end of the touring cycle the DVD is of before they even start to work on the DVD release; it keeps crowds going to the gigs instead of just saying "well, I'll just get the DVD". So you go on that assumption, they probably didn't start to work on the DVD until mid-September at the earliest.

Plenty of other normally functioning bands take a while to put out their concert DVD's. I know Maiden and Rush both take usually about a year and a half from the gig to the release. AC/DC took over 2 years to release Live At River Plate (And over years to release the CD...).

Fair enough. I just look at other metal bands like Kreator and Testament who have both recently released awesome live DVDs mid tour cycle and it doesn't seem to stop them or take them massive amounts of time to release.