New Feature Interview with Finland's Kiuas is online!

I take it they want to be humorous. However, they are very self-confident and don't fear to show it. Probably the prototype of "young, ambitious and successful", haha...

Problem is I did it via E-mail, so I don't know what they thought about the interview. It seems a little as if they believed they did not need an interview with a small crappy zine like Lamentations.

Occam's Razor said:
Problem is I did it via E-mail, so I don't know what they thought about the interview.
Ahhh... you did the interview. Cool. Nice job.

Occam's Razor said:
It seems a little as if they believed they did not need an interview with a small crappy zine like Lamentations.
That's how it struck me as well.

Zod

Hm. Those questions.. are written in a way that would make a band feel defensive, or cause them to be inflammatory. They at times insult the band (though perhaps not purposefully), or their genre, or probably other bands that they enjoy. But was still an interesting read.

They are not insulting at all, but they are actually questions, not promo-rehash nor baseless flattery. This band is good, but that does not mean they are free from criticism, or that no issues remain after having listened to their music.

...and it is a fact that Finnland has more well-executed mediocrity to offer than originality...at least on the (chart-)surface. As usual, the goodies are hidden a little more, but Kiuas are really one of the better commercial groups.

That's fine. But over an e-mail they probably couldn't guess your intent from the questions. Criticism through an e-mail interview is difficult. And yes, it probably caused them to become defensive and aggressive.