New Foo Fighters

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I'm a sucker for 70s style bands ala Cheap Trick, gotta admit it. Still, I only really like the ones that are able to remove the layer of cheese and somehow inject at least a little intelligence and self-aware humor. Again, ala Cheap Trick. For my money the only band really able to do this now is the Foo Fighters. They are thoroughly modern but have a mysteriously well done retro element as well. I don't run out and by their records, but get them when, like yesterday, I find them used. Well, the new one (In Your Honor) may in fact be their best since The Colour and the Shape. The title track alone is a screamer that makes the price of admission worthwile.

Any other Foo fans here?

A good album that I know I'll be spinning quite a lot.

Oh, and I forgot to say that I got the new Queens of the Stoneage as well, and the Saxon DVD that's been floating around awhile. Both are cool.

I'm a fan. I'm seriously considering getting The Colour and the Shape very soon, I've wanted it for years. The only song I've heard from In Your Honor (the single) isn't great though... Very repetitive and dull. Nothing like Everlong, My Hero or Hey Johnny Park.