New G n R album finally complete?

Iron Zombius

Sep 6, 2007
seriously....this cannot be true? taken from nationalpost.com

• After wasting 14 years and a reported US$13-million, Axl Rose had people doubting he would ever finish the *longest-*awaited album in history, Guns N’ Roses’ Chinese Democracy. But it seems all the screeching rock front man needed to get the job done was a reality show deal and maybe a few cases of Dr. Pepper. NME is reporting that Rose has at last handed over a final copy of the album to GN’R’s label, Geffen Records — a development that ever so conveniently coincides with news that Rose has been offered a reality series about the recording of the legendarily overdue release. A source close to the upcoming show’s production told NME that “there is a lot of footage to choose from [for the series]. Some of it is incredibly personal and revealing about Axl’s life.” Dose.ca

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...cy-vanilla-ice-arrested-for-pushing-wife.aspx

I think there's a better chance of Maiden touring Australia than Axl releasing Chinese Democracy...

Oh, wait, can't use that joke anymore.

I will not believe it till I see it in JB HiFi. If it ever does come out it'll sell shitloads.

Yes and yes. If it had come out before record sales began to hurt due to piracy, it would have been one of the best selling albums of all. I imagine when it does come out, it will still be one of the best selling of modern times, but as Ferret says, will also be the most popular download going around.

I will be buying a copy.

did you hear that if it is realeased this year, DR pepper will buy everyone in the US (expept slash and buckethead) a can of Dr Pepper

sounds to me like a great reason to keep it shelved. That stuff tastes worse than fosters in the blue can!

Well, they ended up saying they'd just put a downloadable voucher on the Dr Pepper website. They wouldn't physically go out and buy millions of cans for people.

yeah....but its still millions of litres of there product there giving away for free. IF its released, which i doubt

Then again, the original-ish line-up might reform and then Axl will decide to re-record the whole thing. I think a reunion is more likely than seeing the album come out this year, and a reunion just isn't going to happen.

well, I'm just going to say that the album will suck and most people won't buy it.

but then you have to factor the stupid trend-whore kiddies who walk around where Appetite For Destruction shirt (yet only know 2 songs from the album) and think that they are cool.

Plus the GH crowd too.
Don't forget those little troopers trying to be like Slash. :p

yes, Captain Cynic strike again.