New GloryHammer!

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
The band that cannot be outcheesed is back. Two new songs available. The first is a seriously catchy tune. Of course many will hate it because it sounds like electro synth metal. It sounds like a computer game soundtrack song basically but the chorus is just addictive to me. The second song is more regular mid tempo GloryHammer fare with parping keys and heroic chest beating vocals. Watch out for the classical sounding bit in the middle it's awesome. The chorus is made to be bellowed along with!

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't expect a repeat of the first album, and I'm not taking this at face value either. I don't know if Gloryhammer was an accidental self-parody of Power Metal Wonder or a fun album to tell a hilarious story, but this? Synth-Masterpeice v2.0? I'm already loving it.

I loved the first album, but if they had done the same thing again it would have been completely pointless. This sounds quite promising!

GLORYHAMMER PREMIER “THE UNIVERSE IS ON FIRE” LYRIC VIDEO

In the distant future of the year 1992... war has returned to the galaxy. One thousand years have passed since the brave hero Angus McFife defeated the evil sorcerer Zargothrax in the battle of Dunfermline, trapping the wizard in a frozen prison of liquid ice. But now, a cult of unholy chaos wizards are plotting to release their dark master from his ice-bound tomb and once again unleash the sorcerer Zargothrax upon the universe. The tragic destiny of the Galactic Empire of Fife now hangs in the balance once more...

Mighty warriors of the Galaxy. Today Gloryhammer has announced that their second album, Space 1992: Rise Of The Chaos Wizards, will be unleashed upon the universe on September 25th, 2015 AD (After Dundee) via Napalm Records. The album will feature 10 glorious battle anthems, which chronicle the legends of the Galactic Empire Of Fife. Watch the new lyric video for “The Universe Is On Fire” below.

Gloryhammer on the future: “In the coming weeks and months we will reveal how to pre-order the album in various legendary formats, and we may even release a song online for you all to hear! We also have some touring announcement coming ...Stay tuned, mighty warriors!”

gloryalbum.jpg

I was kind of let down at first, but the songs are growing on me. "Universe on Fire" is really hard to get out of your head once it gets in there. It pretty much follows the same theme of "We're gigantic dorks and we don't care who knows it" from the first album, even if musically it's not exactly the same. I'm definitely hoping to be blown away by this. I bet they'd be really fun live too. ;) *hint drop*

Formed by Christopher Bowes, of Alestorm fame, I'm pretty sure the band is aware of how goofy they are. Bowes is the driving force behind Alestorm, but also a part of bands with such names as Gaylord Tennis, Kalamari Mongoloid, and Jimmy Fuckbomb and the Shitting Pirates.

For a reference:

http://asdfgfa.com/album/gaylord-tennis

Also, I think as far as power metal goes, Gloryhammer is pretty fucking good, and I like that it allows us to laugh at the genre and at ourselves, while also honoring exactly what the genre is all about. Gloryhammer is clearly a joke band, but a band that allows its fans to be in on the joke as well.