new, good prog

di ablopeth

Oct 20, 2006
Hollywood, FL
www.myspace.com
I recently stumbled upon some new, really amazing prog that I have never before been introduced. I don't know how Opeth-related this thread is but hopefully some of you may get to hear some of this stuff if you havn't already before this thread gets deleted..anyway check out :

-Spastic Ink [check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRF9NsC2D_U] <--amazing!!

-Blotted Science

-Oh yeah and there is a new Jeff Loomis record..enjoy! [please don't bash me!]

spastic ink isnt exactly new, ron jarzombek has been around for a while, check out watchtower

Yeah, in the vein of ELP, Yes, and early Genesis. Touches of Floyd (in guitar solos at times) and even Queen (forget the song that seemed very Queen-like...)

If you want more suggestions of contemporary Prog Rock bands try...Anekdoten, Paatos, Birds and Buildings and Morte Macabre.

Anekdoten and Paatos are cool. I've been wanting to check out Morte Macabre, but haven't been had much luck finding their album(s?).

Also check out Battles, Oceansize, and My Morning Jacket, they're all good. My Morning Jacket are very good. They're like alternative rock, jam band, psychedelic, progressive all in one package. Listen to Dondante, that song is one of my favorites.