New Gorgoroth album

Fucking excellent album! Right when black metal seems to be splitting into real black metal and symphonic extreme gothic metal (or whatever it is) this album is released to show that not every band in the second wave of black metal will submit to the same shit as fore say: Dimmu Borgir.

Oblivious Maximus said:
Fucking great album. Gorgoroth are terribly underrated. They've never diassapointed me with any of their releases.

9/10

I didnt much care for their first release. they've gotten alot better, and this is a great album.

This is actually better than I even thought it would be. It's still got plenty of familiarity to it, but there are some fresh ideas also. It's very harsh, but always listenable. Unlike many, I don't personally care all that much for Frost's drum sound or his playing for that matter. He tends to overdrum to the point where it overwhelms, rather than compliments a song. But here his work seems to fit really well. I still prefer a livlier drum sound(it can be done without triggers, etc.) but all in all, this is Gorgoroth at their best.

OldScratch said:
This is actually better than I even thought it would be. It's still got plenty of familiarity to it, but there are some fresh ideas also. It's very harsh, but always listenable. Unlike many, I don't personally care all that much for Frost's drum sound or his playing for that matter. He tends to overdrum to the point where it overwhelms, rather than compliments a song. But here his work seems to fit really well. I still prefer a livlier drum sound(it can be done without triggers, etc.) but all in all, this is Gorgoroth at their best.

agreed about the drummer, he actually turned me off the first time I listened to them.