New Guitar Hero

Downshifter

Jul 21, 2003
Sin City
-- Guitar Hero Encore:
Rocks the 80s, available exclusively for the PlayStation2

will be available in July ....:headbang:

Track List

• Hold On Loosely (as made famous by .38 Special)
• No One Like You (as made famous by Scorpions)
• Only a Lad (as made famous by Oingo Boingo)
• Radar Love (as made famous by White Lion)
• Ballroom Blitz (as made famous by Krokus)
• The Warrior (by Scandal)
• What I Like About You (as made famous by The Romantics)
• Wrath Child (as made famous by Iron Maiden)

Previously announced tracks include:

• I Wanna Rock (by Twisted Sister)
• I Ran (by Flock of Seagulls)
• Round and Round (as made famous by Ratt)
• Metal Health (as made famous by Quiet Riot)
• Holy Diver (as made famous by Dio)
• Heat Of The Moment (as made famous by Asia)
• 18 and Life (as made famous by Skid Row)
• Bathroom Wall (as made famous by Faster Pussycat)
• Lonely is the Night (as made famous by Billy Squier)
• Nothing But a Good Time (as made famous by Poison)
• Play With Me (as made famous by Extreme)
• Shaken (as made famous by Eddie Money)
• Synchronicity II (as made famous by The Police)

cant wait

my previous guitar hero info

Guitar HeroII

Guitar Hero

-- Guitar Hero Encore:
Rocks the 80s, available exclusively for the PlayStation2

will be available in July ....:headbang:

Track List

• Hold On Loosely (as made famous by .38 Special)
• No One Like You (as made famous by Scorpions)
• Only a Lad (as made famous by Oingo Boingo)
• Radar Love (as made famous by White Lion)
• Ballroom Blitz (as made famous by Krokus)
• The Warrior (by Scandal)
• What I Like About You (as made famous by The Romantics)
• Wrathchild (as made famous by Iron Maiden)

Previously announced tracks include:

• I Wanna Rock (by Twisted Sister)
• I Ran (by Flock of Seagulls)
• Round and Round (as made famous by Ratt)
• Metal Health (as made famous by Quiet Riot)
• Holy Diver (as made famous by Dio)
• Heat Of The Moment (as made famous by Asia)
• 18 and Life (as made famous by Skid Row)
• Bathroom Wall (as made famous by Faster Pussycat)
• Lonely is the Night (as made famous by Billy Squier)
• Nothing But a Good Time (as made famous by Poison)
• Play With Me (as made famous by Extreme)

• Shaken (as made famous by Eddie Money)
• Synchronicity II (as made famous by The Police)

Looking forward to those songs!!! I thought Ballroom Blitz was by The Sweet tho?? :err:

i read a review about guitar hero for xbox 360, i guess it´s better than playstation2, graphics, sound, control.... and the best thing is that we can rock with The Trooper!! not available for playstation2

p.d.- there should be some kind of BassHero

Axel

I dont get the whole guitar hero thing...why not just play a real guitar? How the hell does the thing work?

It's just a game - what's the point of any game really?? It's like a dancemat type thing but instead of standing on the correct button in time to the music, you have to hit it with the guitar controller. It's loads of fun and waaaaaaaay harder than playing normal guitar!!

It's just a game - what's the point of any game really?? It's like a dancemat type thing but instead of standing on the correct button in time to the music, you have to hit it with the guitar controller. It's loads of fun and waaaaaaaay harder than playing normal guitar!!

Exactly. Think "Dance Dance Revolution" for your hands. And yeah, it is tons-o-fun, or at least untill you make it to the "hard" level. At that point the difficulty ramps up pretty fast, and note placement doesn't really feel right. The difficulty settings above "hard" should be relabeled as "insane" and "psychotic". Still, play it at a pace just at the edge of your capabilities and you'll be playing for hours on end...

Here's a sample for you...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gJqz4U4x3qg

Exactly. Think "Dance Dance Revolution" for your hands. And yeah, it is tons-o-fun, or at least untill you make it to the "hard" level. At that point the difficulty ramps up pretty fast, and note placement doesn't really feel right. The difficulty settings above "hard" should be relabeled as "insane" and "psychotic". Still, play it at a pace just at the edge of your capabilities and you'll be playing for hours on end...

Here's a sample for you...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gJqz4U4x3qg

I agree - hard and expert are faaaaaaaar too complicated. I like to play it on medium. I can get pretty good scores on that level.

Ok I watched the Youtube video but I still dont get it..if you play guitar in real life why not just learn these songs on the guitar? In fact, even if you dont play the guitar why not go out and buy yourself a cheapier start-up guitar and learn to play it then do this game? :lol:

Ok I watched the Youtube video but I still dont get it..if you play guitar in real life why not just learn these songs on the guitar? In fact, even if you dont play the guitar why not go out and buy yourself a cheapier start-up guitar and learn to play it then do this game? :lol:

Other than its fun?:danceboy:

Uhhhh......your fingers won't bleed playing this game. Sorry, its the only excuse I got at the moment...:err:

What's there to "get". It's not meant to make you better at guitar or even a game for guitarists. So I'm going to go buy some guns and start shooting people instead of playing Tomb Raider, or go steal some cars instead of playing Grand Theft Auto. Some people don't want to learn guitar but find the game fun. Ok, my head just exploded now... o_O

Looking forward to those songs!!! I thought Ballroom Blitz was by The Sweet tho?? :err:

Krokus did cover it, but Sweet did the originally, and of course "made it famous". Perhaps, it could have been phrased "in the style of" rather than "made famous by."

And it was Golden Earring who did the original Radar Love and made it famous. I never really liked White Lion's cover.

Krokus did cover it, but Sweet did the originally, and of course "made it famous". Perhaps, it could have been phrased "in the style of" rather than "made famous by."

And it was Golden Earring who did the original Radar Love and made it famous. I never really liked White Lion's cover.

Ahhhh, I see. Thanks!!!

Oh THAT Radar Love - that song is awesome! :kickass: