New Guitar

Zac

Videodrome
Dec 4, 2003
Southern California
Ok, Iam on a very tight budget here.
I just purchased a Violin, and I will be deciding on my new bass in the next week or two, leaving me with about 450$ left to spend on a guitar.

First off, Iam primarily a bassist, and my guitar skills are strictly rythmn & leads, I don't noodle around with solos or any shred orriented stuff...thats for gay people & Quakers.

I know 450$ leaves me with limited options, but I just need a semi-decent guitar for recording, nothing else. I will not be gigging this guitar, and it will remain in my room at all times. Any suggestions would be very helpful, as I have never really shopped for an instrument outside of the bass dept.

Well you can probably get an Epiphone Les Paul for around that price, you can even get a Mexican Fender Strat for $450. I had both and I would recommend the Fender.

Zac said:
Ok, Iam on a very tight budget here.
I just purchased a Violin, and I will be deciding on my new bass in the next week or two, leaving me with about 450$ left to spend on a guitar.

First off, Iam primarily a bassist, and my guitar skills are strictly rythmn & leads, I don't noodle around with solos or any shred orriented stuff...thats for gay people & Quakers.

I know 450$ leaves me with limited options, but I just need a semi-decent guitar for recording, nothing else. I will not be gigging this guitar, and it will remain in my room at all times. Any suggestions would be very helpful, as I have never really shopped for an instrument outside of the bass dept.
Well Zac,
you know where my vote would go, so lets see what others say.
Chris.

You could get one of these sweet looking Zithers!

Michal%20Muller%20and%20big%20zither.jpg

How's that for an axe? :cool:

Oh, but you have to wear a silly hat while you play it. May I suggest: Giant foam cowboy hat?

17820.jpg

Just go to your guitar shop and try out guitars that fit your style and playing perference. I could tell you how much I love the way Epi Les Pauls play but then you might pick up the same guitar and hate it. (As a side note, of like the 10 guitars I own, my decked out Epiphone Les Paul is by far my favorite. lol)

Basically, take your 450 and try trusted and proven name brands like Epiphone, Fender, Washburn, Dean, Jackson, ESP etc. etc., play whatever is in your price range and just see which feels best for you.

I would seriously consider getting a used guitar. Try your local shops and ebay. I got a modded usa jackson soloist with a lighting/moon graphic used for 1000 dollars, and I put about 140 or so modding it even more by having it routed so instead of the standard h/s/s like they come it's now a h/s/h. Anywho, total spent was 1140, and new with a graphic the usa jacksons go for about 2000-2200, so I think its a fantastic deal to go used.

BTW- Jackson, Ibanez, Esp, are some of my farvorite brands and you really get your moneys worth with these, but if you are on a tight budget like you are, I would also suggest Carvin. I don't like carvins as much as the brands I mentioned above, but hell some people love 'em. Just try to find stuff used, trust me you'll get a way better guitar used for that money than new. :headbang:

metalgtr84 said:
Hey, there's nothing funny about a Mexican strat. Actually, that does sound pretty funny.

Good cover! :D
I was referring to your Zither post though...
No Fender's for me though, I started out with a P-Bass, and after I tried other basses I decided not to touch em again.