New guy, blackmetal, recording, S2.0

battle.

New Metal Member
Feb 4, 2010
How are you going guys, this is my first thread..

My equip is as follows

Toneport UX2 with gearbox and guitar rig 4 pro (only got GR4 yesterday)

S2.0

Ibanez RG470 (if i remember correctly)

I am a huge fav of all good and interesting music.. but I have a true passion for black metal! especially bands such as drudkh, urfaust, nazxul, coldworld, elysian blaze etc.

Now I have produced a demo under the name Mularc Aarde (google it if you like) It was a pretty medicore attempt.. but it was a first and it was damm fun making it! I am ready to get on to recording a new album heading in a atmospheric blackmetal direction.

I need help with s2.0 presets.. I can seem to get a nice really organic sound like drudkh or urfaust any help would be appreciated..

And if anyone has nice presets for gearbox or guitar rig 4 please let me know! I could at least use them as a starting point to play around with. I program all my songs in GP5 then export as midi for drums etc.. is there any possible way to quickly edit the ff fff fffff values that u change with in GP5.. out side of gp5? (using cubase SX 3 I find it quite difficult to accurately change these) and its a pain doing it in GP5.

thanks for your time and you will be seeing more of me around here!

Cheers:)

Ah cheers man I will check this out!

I am in the process of getting metal foundry.. :headbang:

What do you use this preset for your self?

room mics! ROOM MICS!

use them, they'll give you the black metal sound you want.

i also posted my two presets in the superior 2 thread. do a search to find it, and check them out!