New here, clip and some advice needed

Nitrobattery

Jun 28, 2009
Hey guys. I'm new here and not overly experienced when it comes to recording. I initially picked up an 002 and ProTools LE to record my band's demo a few years ago. When we recently began talking about doing a full length there was no question in our minds that we we going into a studio and weren't going to attempt it ourselves again. This was right about the time all of the banks took a giant shit:lol: We had been planning on taking out a loan to do the record, but even though most of us had great credit...it just wasn't happening. So, we decided to do it ourselves again. I was hoping that some of you guys could give me some advice and insight about how to make this sound as good as possible.

We haven't started bass or vocals, but here's a snippet of one of our songs. Any help would really be appreciated.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7786475

It would go a long way to read through the wealth of info on the forum first, using the search function to zero in on some specific things you'd like to learn about and accomplish first. Then come back with some questions relating specifically to your project.

There's a lot to learn here, and a lot of extremely intelligent, well known, and nice people here. Everyone will be happy to help cuz that's what this forum is for, but to keep the forum from becoming boring and redundant, try seeking out some of the previously posted stuff first, cuz there's a lot of it!

:headbang: