New interview with NIGHTWISH´s Tuomas Holopainen & Anette Olzon!

Neat interview! Very informative and indicative of their personalities. I look forward to seeing them in November.

Good interview. I'm sure this answers a lot of folks questions about this transition period for the band, their new singer, and the new album.

Maybe he was just trying to do it to prove all the nay-sayers wrong, but I kindda didn't like how the interviewer kept asking questions that seemed to imply that recording the new Nightwish album or replacing Tarja should have been such a overwhelming, vocally straining, and difficult task for Anette. I mean, I'm not saying she should have felt like everything was a piece of cake, but she's not a novice. I guess it was just the way he phrased some of his questions. Still, it was a very thorough interview and sometimes you have to ask the tough questions.

After reading this, I'm even more excited about the new album and the tour this fall. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Edit: Sorry, Shaq. I didn't see that you were the interviewer until after I posted this response. Hope you didn't take any offense to my comment, but maybe you can clarify for me about those questions. Do you have faith in Anette as the new singer and were you just trying to disprove the nay-sayers?

Good interview. I'm sure this answers a lot of folks questions about this transition period for the band, their new singer, and the new album.

Maybe he was just trying to do it to prove all the nay-sayers wrong, but I kindda didn't like how the interviewer kept asking questions that seemed to imply that recording the new Nightwish album or replacing Tarja should have been such a overwhelming, vocally straining, and difficult task for Anette. I mean, I'm not saying she should have felt like everything was a piece of cake, but she's not a novice. I guess it was just the way he phrased some of his questions. Still, it was a very thorough interview and sometimes you have to ask the tough questions.

After reading this, I'm even more excited about the new album and the tour this fall. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Edit: Sorry, Shaq. I didn't see that you were the interviewer until after I posted this response. Hope you didn't take any offense to my comment, but maybe you can clarify for me about those questions. Do you have faith in Anette as the new singer and were you just trying to disprove the nay-sayers?

Read it again...I said I WASN'T the interviewer here. One of our Finnish guys did this one :)

Read it again...I said I WASN'T the interviewer here. One of our Finnish guys did this one :)
Hence the rather direct questions probing Anette's abilities. ;) The Finns will be the most critical of NW fans since Tarja's popularity was so immense. (and the Swedish thing can't be helping. :lol: )

Great interview, btw. Very informative. Thanks!

I translated and posted the first exclusive intrerview with Anette Olzon conducted by Mape Ollila at the Oceansouls Of America discussion board a week ago. The original article was first published in Finnish at www.imperiumi.net on May 30, at 00:00 Finnish time.

The interview took place right after Anette had completed her vocals recording session at the Petrax studios in late March. Mape Ollila is the man who wrote the Nightwish history book and he has been Nightwish's 'trusted man in the media' for years, hence he was given the exclusive opportunity.

Opps! Sorry about that. Guess that's what I get for trying to do forum posts while multi-tasking at work. :oops:

Hence the rather direct questions probing Anette's abilities. ;) The Finns will be the most critical of NW fans since Tarja's popularity was so immense. (and the Swedish thing can't be helping. :lol: )

Great interview, btw. Very informative. Thanks!

Thanks for the insight Amber. That does make more sense since he is Finnish. Still, like I said, it was a very good and thorough interview.