New Karnivool Album

I'd be VERY surprised if that was from the 'Full production' of the album! Sounds quite literally like they threw it together for a B-Side intentionally. Odd song too.. :\ I love Themata and enjoyed Sound Awake.. I've heard a lot of mixed stuff about the new songs (that they played live) so who knows..

yeah, hope this hasn't that much in common with the actual album, otherwise it'd really disappoint me

You can tell by the drum production that it isn't a final mix - sounds like just a rough thing they've thrown together to get some social media buzz going. Song is nice!!

The email they sent out earlier in the week says '...and you will find a free download of an album track called the 'The Refusal'. Maybe it isn't a B side?

ewww if that's true. i like the raw tones a lot, but it needs heaps of work...

also i was suprised that they'd release a B-side first lol

It's not perfect and would probably get some more love before release if it was on the album(unless they want it to sound as raw as it is), but I really like the approach to the production. The drums sound like it's just a pair of room mics in a really good room, which is not a bad thing if you ask me! Definitely a far cry from what most of the people on the forum usually go for though. :) The song is really cool, I'm stoked!

The thing with this band is any idiot could throw up any random set of mics anywhere in the room and they would still sound pretty damn good. The mix themselves; they're easily the best band I've ever seen live in that aspect.

Listened to it on Spotify a couple of times now. Have to say i was a little disappointed at first but it's definitely a grower. Now it's awesome :)
Favorites at the moment are 'We Are' 'Sky Machine' and 'The Last Few' but you have to listen to the album is a whole. Definitely a must buy!