New Katatonia album project

Anders had mentioned a while back that Steven Wilson was going to be working on the project with them. I'm curious if this is still the case. Regardless, I'll be buying this.

Perfect Idea, I love this album, and I know they are gonna do it right because all their calm and ambiance driven songs are incredible. Really, really looking forward to this, and I will pledge ASAP !

Reviving this thread with the release of the first lyric video from the Dethroned & Uncrowned project.

I'm liking it. Easy first choice for a release as it's one of the softer songs on Dead End Kings and it's ambient aspects were already extremely present. Already have my pre-order in with Amazon for it's release on September 10th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interested to hear the rest of this. I love almost everything they've done over the last few records, but I have to say I miss drums on this.... I wish they'd incorporated some drumkit elements but without making them heavy. In more of an Opeth 'Deliverance" vibe.

Either way his singing is incredible enough almost just on it's own, so I'll still give it plenty of attention.

I dig the track, but I'm definitely missing the drums. He's one of my favorite drummers, and adds so much to the band.

Very interested to hear the rest of this. I love almost everything they've done over the last few records, but I have to say I miss drums on this.... I wish they'd incorporated some drumkit elements but without making them heavy. In more of an Opeth 'Deliverance" vibe.

Either way his singing is incredible enough almost just on it's own, so I'll still give it plenty of attention.

I think you meant Damnation?

This is gonna be awesome, totally getting it.